Chapter 41

Author's POV.

Harry called and informed Ryan of everything that has happened and that Aurora will give him a chance and wait for him.
Ryan was happy hearing it.
He felt relieved after hearing that. But still a part of him was hurt. After all, Aurora was his first love. It was difficult for him but he had to do it. For Zayn. And he's more than sure of it.

Ryan was in his deep thoughts and a call brought him back to reality. He took his phone and saw the called ID.
It was Kate. He attended the call without wasting a second.

" Hey, Kate." he said as soon as he attended the call.

"Hello, Ryan. I want to meet you. Are you free now?" she asked.

" Yeah, of course Kate. I hope nothing is serious." he said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

" Don't worry, everything's fine. Where shall we meet? Starbucks?" she asked.

"Umm... I don't feel like going out. You could come to my house. Uh .. I mean only if you don't mind." he added as he rubbed his temples, hoping she'd say yes.

"Sure. No problem at all. Text me your address. I'll be there in 15 minutes," she said.

"Alright, bye Kate." he said.

"Bye, Ryan." she said as she hung up.

Soon, she came to his house and rang the doorbell.

To her surprise, Ryan opened the door. She thought that one of his maids would open the door for her, but instead he did. He smiled at her and called her in.
It was her first time visiting Ryan at his house. She was mesmerized by the beauty of his mansion. It looked majestic.

"Beautiful mansion." she said looking at the interiors.

"Thank you." he said with a smile.

"Do you fancy a drink? Perhaps coffee?" he suggested.

"No, thanks. I am fine. I just want to talk to you." she said.

He sat beside her on the couch and asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Is Zayn all right?" she asked.

"Yeah. He is. I just want to see him happy, no matter what." he said

"Good, but aren't you hurt?"she asked as she turned to look into his eyes. It held nothing but concern.

"What? Why would I be?" He asked as he looked away from her, struggling to maintain eye contact.

"Ryan stop hiding. I know that you love Aurora. Why are you still doing this? You just can't keep everything to yourself. At least not always." she said as she held his hand with her soft hand and stroked it gently.

He looked at her eyes again. It held something warm. Warm enough to thaw his frozen heart. His eyes welled up.

"It's okay to cry. Never bottle up your feelings.You'll end up being hurt even more. If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm all ears." she said softly.

Ryan suddenly hugged her and started crying. Warm tears fell on her shoulder. She gently stroked his back to calm him down. She felt tears in her eyes too. She felt hurt but doesn't know why.

" You are right. I love her but I know I am not the one for her. It's Zayn. It was always Zayn. And I am really happy that Zayn has finally found someone true and precious. I know she'd heal him. She's his medicine. I know and I am really glad that I took the right decision to back off. I just want them to be happy. That's everything I'd ever ask for," he said as he let tears down his cheeks.