28: Love

Quirk: Love (unlike La Brava, this quirk makes almost everyone around (y/n) become attracted to them at least a little bit. It works better on men than women, but can affect everyone. (y/n) is unable to turn the quirk off.)

 My quirk, which was simply titled 'love', was not love at all. I hated my quirk with a passion, yet it was constantly active and I couldn't turn it off. It caused almost everyone around me (apart from blood relatives) to become attracted to me, despite there being nothing overly special about the way I looked - at least, I didn't think so. I had simple (natural h/c), dull (e/c) eyes, I was neither large nor thin, yet my quirk seemed to make almost everyone swoon for me.

I had just always been desperate to feel true love, yet because of my quirk I was never going to, and it made me feel rather lonely. It enticed men more so than girls, and anyone who it didn't work on seemed to despise me due to the unwanted attention I received. I was thankful however for the fact it didn't work on everyone, as it meant I could have a normal best friend who was also my next door neighbour: Shoto Todoroki.

Despite him attending a different high school to me, and living on dorms on its campus, we still managed to make plenty of time for each other. We saw each other at weekends, visited his mother together and when we were walking around town together either shopping or getting food, he'd always do an amazing job at warding off anyone that my quirk attracted due to his intimidating nature. We'd even spend hours talking to each other over the phone, not realising how late it would get until we were both almost asleep.

Without him or any of my family knowing, I had been looking into quirk removal surgery. It was expensive, but I had been thinking about it since I was ten so I had been saving up and now, at the age of seventeen, I had finally raked up enough money. Still, I wasn't sure whether I was going to do it or not as I was admittedly scared, however one particular day pushed me over the edge, making me incredibly keen to have the surgery.

My phone rang and I looked over to see it was Todoroki calling. I smiled, reaching over and accepting the call. "Hello!"

"Hey (y/n), I was wondering if you were free this weekend?" He asked.

"For you? Of course," I teased.

"W-well my classmates and I are heading down to the beach this Saturday, I thought perhaps you'd like to come along and meet them finally?" He asked. He had been trying to get me to meet his classmates for a while, but each time I was too nervous due to my quirk.

"O-oh, Todoroki... is that a good idea?" I was nervous and he could definitely tell.

"I'll be right beside you the whole time, (y/n)," he reassured me. From everything he had told me about his class they all sounded lovely... well the majority of them did. I thought for a moment, knowing that Todoroki would be there for me one hundred percent and finally I caved.

"Sure Todoroki, count me in," I agreed and he sighed in relief.

"Great, I'll pick you up at ten on Saturday," he said and I nodded, despite him not being able to see me.

"Of course, I'll see you then Todo," I smiled, confidence building up inside of me at the thought of being able to meet his friends hopefully without my quirk interfering. Despite it being a trip to the beach, I wasn't going to go into the sea as wearing a bikini or a swimsuit never helped with my quirk, and even wearing shorts often attracted unwanted attention from unwanted people. I tried to put on a brave face however, knowing that if I stuck close to Todoroki then I'd be protected.

- Timeskip -

Saturday came sooner then I would've liked, and despite it being warm weather I stood waiting for Todoroki in a pair of knee length shorts and a long sleeved top. A knock on the door sounded, and when I opened it I saw Todoroki standing there, wearing a small smile. "Ready? Aren't you going to be too warm?" He asked, gesturing my outfit.