go to bed || Damian Wayne

A/N: I... I don't have an explanation of why I've been gone, a lot 😩 just a ton of work and studies.

Here's a short fluff, I AM BEYOND RUSTY Y'ALL, pardon me if it's bad. Give me inspiratioooonnnnn.

"

Damian," you called out softly, sleep still blurring your eyes.

You reached out for your phone on the bedside table, the light blinding your vision when you turned it on making you hiss as you lowered the brightness.

2:40AM

It was so late.

Damian was still in front of his computer, clicking and typing away, god knows what he was working on.

He'd been like this for a week now, staying up so late working on stuff you'd never understand, he would spend so much time in the cave, his office or even the bedroom researching in front of his computers.

"It's just some research," Damian once said.

"Hush, my love, I'm concentrating," was his constant answer when you approached him, asking him what he would like to eat or if he would like to take a hot shower so he could rest.

This was getting a little bit worrying. Not that he had never stayed up late before but you felt like it was getting a little bit too far, he looked so obsessed with it to the point that he would forget to eat.

"Damian," you got up from the bed, walking towards his desk, he had headphones on and he could only mustered up a soft, questioning hum, still distracted with his work.

He finally turned away from his computer to face you when you put a hand on his shoulder.

"Beloved?" His eyes were so red, dark circles were very much visible. He looked so burnt out.

"Please, go to sleep," you pecked his forehead, the bridge of his nose, his cheeks, chin and then his lips. The gesture made him relax into his chair, "you will have to go to work in a few hours and the sun will rise soon. I can not sleep without you in bed."

"I will join you in bed soon," he sighed softly, he knew you were worried but sleep could wait.

You could not, though.

"Damian," you tried to be stern this time, he really needed his rest.

You both had a staring— maybe glaring is more appropriate, contest, it took a while but Damian finally relented.

"Fine."

He made sure he saved all the tabs on the browser, bookmarked all of them, made sure he missed nothing before turning off his computer as you were climbing in bed.

He joined you shortly after, to which you welcomed with a bright smile, happy to have him back near you again.

You didn't waste a second to put the blanket over him, you wrapped him with your arm and leg, pulling him closer to feel his warmth.

"Miss me that much?" He smirked, closing his eyes. He felt the stress from earlier fading, basking in the affection you were giving him.

He could feel the sleepy little kisses you planted on his bicep, he returned them with a few strokes to the back of your hand that was resting in his broad chest.

"Shut up."

I'm not joking when I told you I'm rusty, hahahah.