40: Closer to the truth

Jungkook and Hani fell through the passage that divided the cave in two distinct parts. The water came flushing in, almost knocking both of them down. Quickly, The Alpha softly pulled Hani with him to the new area before putting the big bolder back in its space. Previously, it had been blocking their entry but Jungkook had moved it away, wanting to prevent them both from getting drowned. As the bolder was moved back to its initial space, the water stopped flooding. Jungkook took a deep breath, realizing that they were safe, now. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest, just like Hani's, both filled with adrenaline. The first thing he did was turning around to check on his mate. The girl was still overwhelmed with her thoughts, the thunder and the danger of being submerged underwater. Jungkook left a small kiss to the top of her head, trying to comfort the scared girl. He, too, found comfort in the small gesture.

"How did that much water even get in, so fast?"

Hani asked bewildered with what had happened. Jungkook sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I don't know, I genuinely don't"

A lot of weird, unbelievable things had happened ever since Hani and Jungkook had stepped into the Endymion forest. Hani's dreams, the blue light, the whole location of the cave, the cave itself and what it hid inside it and now the weather. All that had happened ever since Jungkook and Hani went inside that forest remained unanswered and unexplainable. Isn't that what magic is all about?

The place where the mates were at, trying to catch their breaths and recollecting their thoughts, resembled a narrow hallway. The torch had been lost so, yet again, Jungkook and Hani found themselves in complete darkness. The Alpha's hand gently touched Hani's and tightly, he held it in his. The feeling of his warmth, his touch and his presence in that dark unfamiliar space, helped lessened her fear and worry.

"C'mon we should keep on walking"

Despite the absence of light, Hani nodded her head at him. They went back to walking, this time a lot slower. After what they had seen and experienced so far, they moved more carefully, scared about what kind of thing would they see next. Once more, they were roaming around the new found area of the cave, not really knowing where to go. They just followed the corridor through its multiple curves and counter curves. It felt like they were trapped inside a maze. The Alpha could see the next turn coming up, however, what caught his attention was the light that peeked from it. Hani noticed it too but what seemed to grab her attention was the sound of birds chirping from afar. She squeezed Jungkook's hand, bubbling excitement grew on her belly. Jungkook's and Hani's steps fastened at the slight hope of seeing the outside world again. When they turned, the most magical sight welcomed them.

The cave extended its walls to the side, creating an open wide area. The wall that, supposedly would be in front of Hani and Jungkook, did not exist. Instead of it, a glimpse of what laid outside of the cave showed itself to the couple. From where they stood, they could see bright and colorful vegetation growing there. The sound of birds chirping, the sound of water running. Paradise, waiting for them. Inside the area where they were both frozen, bathing on the view of the outside world, more toys like the ones that they had found were carefully organized next to the walls. Unlike the other area that they had seen, this one looked much more peaceful, calmer, beautiful. It was bright, warm, welcoming.

"What is this place..."

Jungkook asked in complete awe at the scenery. With Hani's hands still in his, he took a step further inside, dying to know what more treasures it hid. The girl looked around the place; her breathing was caught in her throat, her eyes sparkled more than the stars. A sense of magic – a universe bigger than her – took over her heart. She smiled from one ear to the other, gazing at all the small little details that decorated that space. Her hand slipped from Jungkook's and her feet guided her towards the walls.