Chapter 1

Third Person POV

"Lia wake up!"

A 42 year old brunette woman was standing in front of her daughter's door with a signage 'Lia's Space'. She was knocking softly, and still continue calling her daughters name.

"Lia, wake up! You can't be late again"

After another rounds of knocks and calls, she still doesn't get any response from the other side of the door. The silence was so deafening that made her fumes with angerness. She rolled up her sleeves and fixed her eyes on the door. 'That's it. I'm so mad' she thought to herself.

"CHOI, JULIA! WAKE UP BEFORE I POUR ANOTHER COLD WATER ON YOU!"

The woman banged her daughter's door that echoed loudly at their whole house. She knows her daughter is a very heavy sleeper, and can't be woken up with soft ways.

At the other side of the door, Choi Jisoo, preferred to be called by her english name Julia or Lia, a 19 year old teenager dropped her pen by the sudden bang at her door. She quickly opened her door revealing her mother, face full of angerness. Lia's eyes widened by the sight of her mom, she bowed her head and clasped her hands together in front.

"Mom, I'm awake. I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm clock, I was finishing my art project and I'm in my airpods so I wasn't able to hear you waking me up" 

Lia's mom hold her hands, and speak softly to her.

"I just don't want you to be late again, darling"

"I know mom, I'm sorry"

Lia's mom pull her into a hug, and suddenly spanked her butt with its hand.

"Oucch! What was that for?"

Lia pull away from the hug and rub its butt, her mom is laughing by her daughter's expression. She loves seeing her daughter's mad face, she thinks its cute.

"That, is for, making me shout early in the morning"

Lia's mom replied still laughing at her daughter. After that, she kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Good morning sweetie"

"Good morning, Mom" Lia replied with a soft smile.

"Go get dressed, and have breakfast" Her mom told her and then walk down the stairs.

Lia played some music and showered quickly, she dance her way in front of her mirror and put on a mint colored crop top paired with a grey sweatpants, and white sneakers. She turned her hair into a bun, put on a little make up and finishing her look with a cute specs. She grab her backpack and put all of her necessary things. She go down the stairs and saw her mom at the breakfast table with her little brother.
Lia turned in front of the fridge and pour a glass of milk.

"Lia, did you study for the med entrance exam? The exam will be held this next, next week" Her mom asked her while focusing on her laptop.

Lia's mom is a doctor, she wanted lia to take the same course with her to secure a great future. Lia wasn't sure how to respond with her mom's question, she didn't study all the books her mom prepared for her, for she doesn't want to be a doctor. She wanted to take fashion designing, but then she still can't open this idea to her mother.

"Hmm, I'm still finishing up some school stuffs mom" lia replied while finishing her milk.

"Lia, there is no time to be lazy. Read the book Introduction to Medication, and after my work I will be giving you quiz"

Lia love her mom so much, she doesn't want to dissapoint her but she's putting up too much pressure on lia that made her suffocated. When their father leave them, her mom trained her to be the best, lia attend school 24/7 taking up different classes just to make her the best and prove their father wrong for leaving them for a new family. 

"But, mom I sti-"

Lia didn't finish her sentence when her mom strongly closes its laptop, and looked at her.

"No buts, lia. You want me to be proud don't you? Then listen to me, mothers knows best" Her mom told her with a gritted teeth, then stood up and leave the table.

Lia knows that her mom only cuddles her so that she will be always tied around the neck. All those sweet moments was just for show, so that lia will always spin around her fingers. Lia sighed, kissed her little brother on its cheeks and bid its goodbye. She gets on her sky blue bettle car, and drove away to school. Though her car is too old for today's generation she can't afford to sell it as it was her dad's first car, her mom wanted to sell it but she pleaded not to and use her own money to restore it. She wanted to skip school for her emotions is dwelling her up, she can't breathe properly and just wanted to cry herself to sleep. She misses her dad so much, they were so close to each other compared to her mom. Lia sighed and slip those thoughts away as she parked her car in their school.

- - - -
Lia's POV

I walked down the hallway and proceed to my locker. I put on my password and put away all the papers that I'm so done with directly to the trash bin. I was busy cleaning some files when someone covers my eyes.

"Minju. I know it is you" I said while chuckling.

"Yaaaah! Lia, how did you know it was me?" she replied.

I turned around and face her. She was pouting like a baby, so cute haha.

"You used the perfume I gave you, fruity scent" I told her.

"Oh yeah, hahaha" she said while laughing.

Minju and I are friends since 7th of grade. We were both being bullied so we just decided to be friends.
I turned my back on her and then continue cleaning my locker.

"So, what are your plans after graduation? I mean, I'm just so excited that we are done being 12 graders" she was jumping with excitement as she asked me.

"You know someone is planning for me right?" I told her not bother to look at her.

She pull me to face her and she made a pout, I smile on how so cute she is. But, I'm right, someone is planning for me. My mom.

"Stop pouting minju-ah, you're not a baby anymore" I told her while pinching her cheeks.

"Awww. Lia - yaaah, but my girl told me I'm still a baby" she said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh no, shut it HAHA I don't want to hear any of that green stories of yours again" I said laughing while covering my ears.

Yep, Minju had a girlfriend. And, I'm cool about it. We don't do discriminations here. While minju still insisted on telling her stories, shrieks and screams filled the whole hallway as the door opens. Minju, elbowed me and pout her lips to the doors directions. I looked at the direction and my heart started to beat fast.

"How about some sweet pills, at this bitter morning of yours" minju whispered to me.

I didn't had the chance to reply to what she says, because my thoughts and eyes were fixed on the shoulder length pink haired girl that enter the school doors. She was wearing a black sleeveless crop top with air flowy cardigan, she partnered it with denim shorts, high knee white socks and white sneakers, and she was carrying her black skateboard.

"Shin, Ryujin" I whispered to myself that made me form a small smile on my lips.

- - - -

Authors Note:

Hi guys! How are you all doing? I hope that all of you are fine. Again, please excuse my grammatical errors.

Just wanna say that for the next few chapters, it will be mainly focus on the Jinlia, because I wanted to really build the characters. But, don't worry, this book is for all the itzy members, all of them will be here :) Jinlia won't be possible without them :)

Thank you all! 💙