Chapter-33

Emma's POV

"You scared the hell out me girl" Caty says as she slaps my thigh.

"Hey it's not my fault that those burglars smashed my head." I say defensively.

"Ohh shush will you. I'm just so glad you're alright. I was so worried." She says sighing.

"She can't get rid of me that easily." Jon says whilst entering the room with two cups of steaming hot coffee. He hands one cup to Caty, for which she thanks him, and places the other on the table before taking a seat on my bed. Initially I was paranoid to be even mere centimeters away from him. I wanted him by my side all the time. But I can say that I have improved now.

"Sweet Tooth is so empty without you." Caty says taking a sip of her coffee.

"I miss going there too. I can't wait to get back to work."

"No."

"No."

Caty and Jon say simultaneously. I look at the both of them back to back before saying,

"Why? Why not?"

"Baby you still need plenty of rest. You aren't going to work anytime soon honey." He said while placing his hand around my shoulder and pulling me gently towards him.

"But I feel fine." I say, ready to throw tantrum.

"I-I guess I'll have to get going? I'll see you guys later." Caty says trying to escape from being a third wheel in our conversation. She kisses me on the cheek and pats Jon on the shoulder before leaving.

Jon let's out a sigh, looking defeated.

"Please don't argue with me in this Emma, I'm sorry but you need rest, a lot of it. And I can't let you work anytime soon." He says looking ahead at the plain wall. Suddenly, I am filled with guilt. Initially, I couldn't remember much on how I ended up here, but later on it came to me. How I ran out of the house crying, how I went into the store, how I stood in front of those burglars, thinking this was my last day, wondering how it would've been to raise a family with Jon, begging God to let me live, so that I can spend the rest of life with Jon. And now when I finally survived, I am sitting here arguing with him.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

" I'm sorry too. I know it sucks to be here."

"Not for that." I say while wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'm sorry because I went through your stuffs without your permission." I say slightly embarrassed. I could feel Jon stiffening, he shifts beside me and sits on the opposite side so that he could take a better look at my face.

"You remember that?" I nod. I pull him closer and hold his hands.

"I couldn't remember anything in the beginning. But it came to me later on. And I'm really very sorry Jon. I didn't know you'd be so mad at me." I say sincerely.

"No Emma. Please don't say that. It was all my fault. I....I shouldn't have kept it from you. I literally know everything about you, and you........you hardly know about my past."

"I told you because I am comfortable around you. It doesn't mean you have to feel the same with me, and that's completely okay. Some people take time to open up." I say hugging him tightly. I don't want this relationship to suffocate him. Relationships should be a person's safe haven, it shouldn't be an other battle that has to be fought.

"But you deserve to know. I just thought that you'll, be disgusted by me." He says lowly. I gasp at what he said and move his head to face me.

"Jon? Is that what you think of me? You think I'll judge you and be disgusted by you? You think that low of me? " I ask tearing up.