Part 31

After the usual goodbyes all leave for RM and NK goes to drop the Guptas home.

On reaching RM, Anjali welcomes the couples by doing their Aarti and asks them to go to the puja room and take blessings.

Khushi hesitates on entering the house. Arnav notices her hesitation. He places his hand on her shoulders and walks inside with her. Both the couples go to the pooja room and to take blessings.

Afterwards all the elders retire to their rooms as it had been very late. Sham also goes to his room. There was an awkward silence in the room as all were waiting for the other to speak. No one knew what to do.

Anjali breaks the silence. She pulls Khushi by her hand and "Khushji, I mean Bhabhi, please come with me."Arnav looks at her. She turns to him "Chote don't stare at me like that, you have the rest of the night to spend with her, but I need to talk to her now".

Khushi blushes and goes with Anjali .She takes Khushi to Akash and Payal's room. She had beautifully decorated it with flowers and candles. Khushiji "I didn't get much time to decorate it but I hope Payalji likes it".

Khushi just nods and says that her jiji would be extremely happy on seeing this. They come back to the hall and Anjali asks Payal to accompany them. She asks Payal to enter the room and herself stands on the door with Khushi. She then calls Akash and Arnav to come upstairs. They are surprised to see Anjali and Khushi blocking the door to Akash's room.

Anjali "Akash do you want to go inside, if yes you will have to give toll tax to me and Khushiji."

Akash "what tax, why di, this is my room and I can go in whenever I like"

Anjali "no Akash this is no longer your room. This is yours and Payalji's room. So you will have to give us some gift if you want to go inside"

Akash "Bhai what is this. Ask di to let me go in."

Arnav "Di..."

But before he could finish " Chote you stay out of this, don't forget next is your turn. You too won't be allowed in your room either if you don't give me what I want."

Arnav looks at Akash and just shrugs.

Anjali "you are wasting your time. We will not move till we get what we want."

Akash "ok....ok, but why Khushiji she is my bhabhi now"

Anjali "but right now she is playing the role of your Saali Sahiba so you better loosen your pockets."

Akash "this is not fair. Whenever she likes she will become Saali and whenever the tide is on the other side she will become Bhabhi."

Anjali "yes, she has that right, being your wife's younger sister and also being your elder brother's wife. Wow Khushi 'aap ka to duno haat ghee mei ha"

Akash takes out two envelops and gives them Anjali and Khushi. They move aside. "Thank you jijaji" Khushi murmurs.

Anjali "Thankyou bhai now you may enter and meet your dear wife". Then turning to Khushi and Arnav "now it's your turn Chote. Come let's go to your room."

Arnav's room is closed.

Anjali looks at Khushi "Bhabhi, before I leave you two I would like to give you something." She takes out their mother's letter and places it in Khushi's hands. "Bhabhi this is our Mom's letter for Chote's wife. You know he is very temperamental and always has anger on his nose. Be patient with him and wipe away all the harsh memories that he has of his past." Tears well up in her eyes, but she quickly blinks them away and changes the topic "Chote where is my gift. If you want to take her inside you will have to give me my gift."

Arnav takes out his wallet and hands it over to her.

Anjali "Chote this is the last time I am opening it. From now onwards only Bhabhi has the right to open it." She opens his wallet and takes out a 100 rupee note.

While she is taking it out, a price tag falls on the ground "Aree Chote what is this? Why have you kept this price tag? The numbers are all smudged; I think water must have fallen on it"

Arnav immediately takes it back from her and says "nothing Di, it is mine."

Arnav had not let the shopkeeper throw away the price tag from Khushi's red lehnga. He remembered that Khushi's tear had fallen on it and the numbers were smudged because of it. He was the cause of that tear and couldn't throw it away. It kept reminding him that he had to compensate her for all the tears that he had given her.

Khushi looks at the price tag and is surprised to see that he had kept it.

Anjali "Chote I'll only take this because you have already given me the most precious gift, my Bhabhi." She pauses "Do you want me take her inside."

Arnav "No, Di I'll take her in. You go and rest, you have had a tiring day."

Anjali leaves leaving the two of them standing in front of the closed door.

Target: 130+ votes