Epilogue

Epilogue

"No Maa"

Vansh's angry voice boomed in the house. He was fighting with Maa without any reason. I reached my point of letting the wrong things happen in front of my eyes. I rushed to the kitchen.

"Beta-"

"No Maa, you always do this"

"Vansh-"

"No Ahaana you stay out of this"

"I will not stay out of this Vansh. You are using Maa. She's not a punching bag. Apologise now" I shouted loudly. He's not the only one who can raise his voice.

"Ahaana you-"

"Before you say anything which will make you regret, leave the room now! Go have a walk, calm yourself down then talk to anyone" I warned him. He walked away rudely without apologising.

"I'm so sorry Ahaana, because of me both of you are fighting" Her eyes filled with tears. I walked towards her and gave her a glass of water after making her sit.

"Maa, you should not think like that. It's his mistake, not yours" she sniffed.

"I always wanted a daughter but by Krishna Ji's grace I got two daughters" I kneeled down and she kept a hand on my head lovingly.

It was three in the afternoon so I let Maa retire to sleep and walked towards the study room, which was being used by Papa.

"Papa, May I come in?"

"Yes beta sure, come in"

"Do you have any work?"

"No no, you tell me. What brings you here?"

"I wanted to talk about Vansh-"

"Ah, that crazy boy" Papa shook his head in disappointment. "I told him that starting his own business was a stupid thing. But he still doesn't listen. I know her must have troubled you-"

"No papa, It's actually a good decision. Both of us have so much experience we can run an audit firm but have to have patience"

"But beta why are you taking a risk"

"Papa you have to show a little faith in us. Vansh always tries to make you proud. He's always trying to find a way to make you happy. Papa, he always tries. Whenever you become a critic he gets so disappointed in himself which makes him stressed. Just be proud of him papa, rest all is on us"

"I never thought like this," he said thoughtfully. At least he was giving it a thought. Ketki entered the room bringing some chai for papa.

"You know Ahaana, I am happy at least one of my daughter is intelligent"