➳ 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘪 𝘨𝘰?

WARNING: there's a bit of homophobic mentions in this chapter.

—1985–
Will Byers

My brother, Jonathan, is currently driving me to Hawkins High since it's my Homecoming tonight.

We had just arrived after a ten-minute drive. I fixed my hair a little bit as it was messy from the car's AC.

"Goodluck, Will. Get him!" Jonathan patted me on my shoulder.

I giggled. "I'll go try."

"Don't just try it. Go for it! You've told me before, he's showing you signs that he likes you back. Don't be scared, Will. Just trust your heart." he gave me a smile.

This is why I love my brother so much. He supports me with everything I do. He doesn't care that I like boys, even though that's not the normal in my generation..

"Thanks, Jonathan."

"Welcome, bud." we hugged each other before I stepped out of the car.

I made my way to the gym and everyone was dancing while a loud music was blasting out loud. I walked in and looked for my friends. I immediately saw them sitting at this one table. I smiled.

"Will!" Dustin yelled when he saw me. I walked over to them and they all stood up.

"You look nice, man!" Lucas gave me a man hug.

"Your hair looks so cute! It's so not messy and straight! You really got ready for this night, huh?" Max chuckled.

"Aw, thank you guys." I smiled. "And yes, Max, I got ready for this. Homecoming is something I don't want to miss! And of course, I don't wanna look ugly in my special night." I chuckled.

"You never looked ugly." Mike said all of a sudden. They all turned their attention to him, including me—with wide eyes.

"I-I mean—well, I mean, did I lie? Will never looked ugly in his whole life! No one is ugly. Everyone is beautiful in their own ways. Except that Troy bitch and his friends—"

"Woah, woah, Mike, calm down! It's been years, just forget about him." Lucas laughed.

"He bullied us to death! How would I forget about that stupid motherfucker who peed himself thanks to El—"

"Wait, Eleven did that?" I cut Mike off.

"Yeah! It was hilarious!" Dustin laughed, and I did too. Just thinking about it already seems so funny! I wish I was there.

We all sat at the circular table. Max is at my left, El is at her left, Mike is at her left, Lucas is at his left, and Dustin at his left—which is my right. Like I said, the table is circular.

They all began talking about random and fun stuff while I was just sitting there trying my best to not appear obvious in looking at the love of my life, Mike Wheeler, who isn't joining the chatter either.

He was staring at the table, with an emotion that I can't read. He looks happy, but sad at the same time?

I think he felt that there's someone staring at him, so I ended up being caught. I quickly looked away and shook my head.

A random slow music started playing.

Everyone suddenly stopped chatting and got up from their seats. I watched them, mostly the boys, ask the girls out for a dance. I then noticed that the people in my table got up as well, with Lucas taking Max's hand, and Dustin just standing and waiting beside Eleven—who's whispering something to Mike.