☽ 44 ☾

Jimin furrowed his brows. Still halfsleep. He barely registered being nudged on his shoulder. Slowly, he opened his eyes to see Yoongi wide awake. Looking at him with panicked eyes. Jimin furrowed his brows further in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak, but Yoongi motioned him to keep quiet. Then, the elder leaned in near his ears.

"Stay very quiet." He said. His voice scarcely a whisper, "There is someone nearby."

"But, isn't this place inside your territory?" Jimin asked just as quietly, "No one walks in without permission."

Yoongi nodded with a serious look. His eyes shifting around. Then he ducked in his face in the crook of Jimin's neck, sniffing a little. He scrunched up his face. Mumbling something under his breath that sounded like — You don't smell like me anymore.

Then, the elder rubbed his forehead against Jimin's. Younger sighing when the elder's musky smell got stronger, "Stay with me."

Jimin pressed his lips together and nodded. They got up and walked towards the passaged with padded footsteps. Yoongi crouched down, pressing his ears near to the wall. After a moment, he slowly crawled through and Jimin followed after. As soon as they got out, Jimin felt a sharp pain in his chest. It was so sudden and strong Jimin almost yelled out in pain. The pendant burning over his skin. 

He got up, ignoring the pain and followed after Yoongi. They walked as quietly as possible through the forest. Suddenly, the elder stopped. He quickly hid behind a tree, and pulled Jimin in front of him. Wrapping his arms around the silver head. 

Jimin clammed his eyes shut. The pain again shooting through him. He pressed his head against Yoongi's chest. Sucking in a deep breath and trying to hold back his screams. The elder seemed to be listening to listening to something. Both of them froze completely when they hear rustling among the leaves. It came from a few feet in front of the tree they were hiding behind. Yoongi's grip around Jimin tightened. The younger biting down hard on his lips to hold down any whimpers. The burning sensation increasing. He didn't want to be the reason that drew the attention of whoever it was. 

They stayed as quiet as possible. Holding in their breaths and waiting till the person or animal left. 

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked quietly, loosening his grip. 

Jimin shook his head, trying to smile that it was okay. But the edler furrowed his brow in a frown. 

"Jimin, as your protector, I can feel a part of what you feel. I know you're in pain. I can feel it too." Yoongi whispered.

The silver head bit down on his lips. Again the pain shooting through. The burning sensation increasing a little, "I don't know... the stone it's burning... warning me of some-"

"Shh." Yoongi quietened him. His eyes widening. After a few seconds, Jimin realized what caused the reaction. More footsteps and rustling of leaves. It wasn't just one person or animal. It was a whole group. 

Jimin clutched onto Yoongi's shirt. The pain increasing inside of him. And the elder's hold tightened once again around him. Even their heartbeats seemed too loud. Every second felt like it was being stretched to a thousand as they waited. 

"That smell..." Yoongi mumbled once they were gone, his eyes widening further, "They are the marked ones. We need to get to Ethan and warn the others."

The elder moved away from Jimin, turning to his tiger form. The younger gasped quietly as he got up on the tiger's back. Holding on to tight. They didn't take the direct route. Not wanting to risk running into the marked ones, or let them know about their presence.