twenty one

Sometimes, knowing things isn't really a gift, but a curse. A curse, it was what Lyra thought about her knowledge. Sure, it would be nice to know certain things about the future, but knowing everything? It was peer pressure. It was extremely hard to know how everyone would end up dying, about how Voldemort would rise to power, about the dark secrets he had. It was all a curse. She felt pressure, too much pressure. Knowing how everything would turn out terribly at the end, of course make her feel uneasy.

It was also exactly why she wanted to change the future. She needed to change it. Because if she failed, or ignored the future, then she would become something she never wanted to be. A failure.

It was her biggest fear. Not being able to save everyone, not being able to do good, disappointing people. Something she was terrified of.

She didn't want any of this to happen, but it did. And it brought tons of blessings for her. A family, new friends, experience, but most of all happiness. It was something she always longed for. Of course, in the past, or the future you could say, she was happy at times. But it didn't come close to what she felt now.

She did feel guilty at times, wondering what happened after Lilith Carrington died. Or where her dead friends were, or even where her alive friends were. While she was out here, in the past, living her best life. But she had came to terms that this was what everyone else wanted for her, and she knew that wherever they are, they would eventually be happy. She could only hope.

Happiness is a simple thing, really. It would be when her parents would carry long conversations with her, whether serious or casual. It would be whenever she saw the students she tutored achieved something. It would be when she saw Remus' eyes crinkling while laughing loudly. It would be when Sirius left all his worries about his abusive household when he was with his friends. Whenever Peter achieved really high grades, feeling as if he wasn't living under his friends' shadows. I would also be when Regulus would crack a smile at her, read a book for her, or whenever he would just be there for her.

Happiness could easily be obtained for her. It would be when the Prewett twins would cast a brilliant prank, or it would be when her Slytherin friends seems so free from all the bad things in their life. Whether it be when Lily would squeal at something she bought her and pull her into a bone crushing hug, or whether it be when Severus look lovingly at Lily, or whether it be when James Potter grin childishly at her. It was simple, really.

Being reincarnated tothe past was one of the best mistakes of her life. It brought her happiness, and a home.

Being reincarnated to the past was one of the best things that could ever happen in her life. Because it would give her a chance to fix the future and give redemption.

This was also one of the things she was immensely grateful for. Her chance to be able to change the future. In her future-past, it was all excitement at first, but it got worse by each year and eventually reached its worst point. Thousands died, including most of her closest friends, and people she considered her family.

But she was going to change it. They would all grow up and live in a completely safe environment, with the changes she's done with the Ministry, and the potions she would be soon selling. It would all be peaceful, hopefully.

That was one of the reasons she was currently there. The Gaunt Shack, it looked even worse than the outside of the Shrieking Shack. Truth to be told, it looked like it was about to collapse any second. And far behind the shack, was a grave for Tom Riddle Sr.

Shaking her thoughts off, she gripped her wand tightly before entering the broken shack. She could practically feel the Dark magic looming all around it. It was quite hard to breathe, because the amount of dark magic inside the Shack was suffocating her. But she's done it once before, and she sure as hell would do it again.