Chapter 8 - The Fear of Death

(Third Person Pov)

Satella?: "Puck, protect us."

She said as Puck formed an ice barrier to protect them, while she attacked Elsa with ice crystal as she was forced to retreat from the attack.

Elsa: "A spirit... That is a spirit, yes? How wonderful. I have never dissected a spirit's stomach before."

Letting out a creepy smile, Felt became startled by this.

Felt: "Hey, what do you mean by that?"

Elsa: "If the item's original owner is here, we can hardly negotiate. So I have changed my plans. I shall slaughter everyone here. You failed to see your job through to the end. You talk a good game, but you do terrible work. You really are just another slum dweller."

Hearing the last statement made Felt annoyed as she was shaking with fury at the woman in front of her.

Subaru: "You bitch... Cut the crap! Don't get your kicks from picking on a little kid, you guts-loving sadist! Felt is doing her best to live strong... Just because your plan was thrown off, you think it's over and flip tables? Are you a little kid? You should value life more! Do you know how much having your belly cut open hurts? Well, I do!"

Elsa: "What are you talking about?"

Y/n: "Yeah, what are you talking about, Subaru? I had been with you from the start, but never had I ever seen or know that you once got your guts ripped open."

Subaru: "I'm in the process of letting the justice and chivalry I never knew I had denounced all the world's unfairness! And what I consider 'unfair' is you, this situation, and... Stay tuned, folks. There! All done buying time... Get her, Puck!"

Y/n: 'Oh, so that's his plan, nice.'

Puck: "A brilliant display of awkwardness, which I hope survives through the ages. I'd better live up to your expectations!"

He said as his body started to glow, several ice crystals appeared around, even more than the silver-haired half-elf.

Puck: "We haven't introduced ourselves, have we? My name's Puck. Remember my name after you die!"

Sending off several ice crystals. Elsa, who was still smiling, covered herself with her cloak. Smokes from the ice appeared around her as Y/n felt something was wrong.

Rom: "Did they get her?"

Subaru: "Don't trigger that flag, old man!"

When the smoke was cleared, a giant ice block was formed. As they thought she was done, several cracks appeared on the ice surface.

Elsa: "One should always be prepared."

The ice that once surrounded her disappeared into thin air as well as her cloak, which turned into a brilliant purple light before disappearing. She smiled sadistically and went after the silver-haired girl and Puck.

Satella?: "Don't underestimate a spiritual-art user."

A giant snowflake appeared before Elsa as her attack was blocked before getting attacked by Puck's sharp ice crystal that forced her to retreat.

By now, Y/n felt better and found out that he could finally move his body. He quietly stood up and looked around for something to use before landing his eyes on a rapier. He felt some sort of deja-vu, but ignored the feeling as he went to grab it and looked at the silver-haired girl and Puck in concern.