32. COLLOQUY

Double Update ♥️

Swara was staring the moon accusing it of deception. He is Chandra Dev, right! And Ragini shared all her happiness and woes with him as a friend. Human can't control future, but almighty could! He could have helped the one who considered him as a friend baring her heart as she would do to her mother if she could! If their mother wasn't in great distress, atleast they could seek comfort in her soft whisperings, tender caresses and her love-filled food! Only if their father was spared!

(Shekhar and Sharmishta are in Maheswari Mansion. Due to the whole chaos, they were recommended not to get tensed over the matters and the family (if said specifically, me) tried the best not to involve them in the mess.)

"Swara..." A splitting headache was throttling Laksh. Who dreamt such a day!

"Laksh, everyone was shocked. That's why they didn't say anything, right? Kavitha... She won't affect Ragini, right? She has suffered enough. I can't see her going through all those again." Silent tears made way down her cheeks.

"I am baffled Swara; even now! So are others. You know our family, right! Do you think they would let anything happen to Ragini?"

"But today--- in fact all these days, only Ragini was doing--

"Because we didn't know what the problem was! Medicine is prescribed on diagnosing the actual disease. When we were kept in dark, what could we do? Even you had to remain ignorant, right?.

But there's something amiss. Arvind and Ananya would have known this and they didn't find it necessary to inform us?" Laksh mused.

"They were equally shocked. And-- and you know how frenzy Ananya was! But--"

"But they were expecting someone. Maybe they didn't know that it was Kavitha. So, Kavitha is having another identity?"

"Kavitha's death was not real? What was that then?"

"Only Bhai can help us with Kavitha's death! And we need to talk to Arvind and Ananya."

.

"I'm scared, Laksh!" She mumbled as Laksh pulled her into a bear hug.

'Even I'm!' He thought as he sighed.

***

Sun rays peeped in through the most tiny space between the curtains chasing away the darkness in Sanskar and Ragini's room. Tiny droplets of water clinging the windows and hangings adjacent to the windows sparkled in sunlight. An indeed fresh morning!

Sanskar opened his eyes being disturbed by the indirect teasing of sun. He felt a hand buried in his hair, that is when he realised that he slept off in Ragini's lap. He turned his head slightly to get a view of his Ragz. She seems tired and uncomfortable in the posture, bags under her eyes said him about her sleepless night, her fingers on his head showed her deep care; he sighed closing his eyes.

Ragini woke up startled; her eyebrows twitched as she closed her eyes again trying to bring her turbulent mind to sanity.

On hearing her sigh, Sanskar slowly shifted and got up from her lap but she was so immersed in her own world. He stared her with glassy eyes as guilt started engulfing him.

"Sanskar, you woke up!" Ragini tried to be cheerful; indeed she wanted to be better than last night.

He continued staring her and his eyes welled up as he took both her hands in his. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he found his voice.

" You trust me, right Ragz?" His eyes were impatient to witness her reaction; so was his ears to hear them.

It did take less than a minute for Ragini's eyes to get watery. 'Trust me, Sankar!' She had told him numerous times.