chapter twenty-three

"You're not like the others

"You're not like the others." - Alby

⚯͛

16th May 1995

The O.W.Ls came around quicker than any of the fifth years anticipated. Soon, the countless hour spent studying was put to test in the Hogwarts Great Hall.

Although whilst raven wasn't participating in the exams (due to their task of the Triwizard Tournament coming up) she had still been attempting to impress her Professors for the year with her spell work.

Professor Filius Flitwick only shook his head as she attempted to summon a pot of ink in his lesson, ending in Nathan laying on the classroom floor. Madam Pomfrey later diagnosing him with a concussion. Raven has apologised drastically, although after attempting to summon him a cushion for his bed in the hospital wing, proceeding to hit him again, he didn't seem so keen on accepting her apology. The boy only glared at her as he picked up the pillow.

And, with the school term coming to a close, majority of the exams - O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts alike were almost finished. With only the Defence against the Dark Arts, (or Dark Arts for the Durmstrang students) History of Magic, Divination, and Arithmancy exams to go, Raven grew desperate to pass what little exams she could. It had already become clear she had failed Defence Against the Dark Arts, with the strange looks Professor Alastor Moody would cast her way during the lesson.

Professor Snape was a strict teacher anyway - and with her lack of talent, the use of exact ingredients into a cauldron was surprisingly not her worst subject. As for Transfiguration, well... Professor McGonagall was having a hard decision. The Professor knew she could do the magic - just not in the way they were asking her to. The use of a wand limited her magic, it was like cat wearing shoes - it worked, but not very well. Raven spent many hours in her classroom whilst the rest of her year was in exams, it was that or the cold, rocking boat, the Durmstrang students where housed in.

Professor McGonagall didn't seem to mind the company - if anything she enjoyed it. She enjoyed the countless hours helping her Goddaughter - even if she didn't know it - how to do different spells (although she still wasn't any good) and show her what she was doing wrong, in hopes she would manage to scrape through on marks in her exam.

"I'm going to fail everything, aren't I?" Raven asked defeated, lowering her wand to the ground and shrugging her shoulders.

McGonagall pursed her lips, "It's just because, you're not like the others," The professor said, honestly waving her wand to fix the shattered classroom windows, "You're talents Quidditch - not academics."

Raven huffed, "I can't even play Quidditch anymore." She said, gesturing to her leg.

"You'll find something that you're good at - I promise."

⚯͛

"How did the exam go?" Raven asked, rushing forwards as she saw the group leaving the Great Hall after the Dark Arts written exam.