Snowball Fight

Korra had woken up early. It wasn't unusual for her to wake up before Asami, but she usually waited for her to wake up. This time though, she had slipped out from under the covers without waking her and crept out.

Gently, trying not to wake Kuvira in the process, Korra shook Sukara awake. It took a minute, and several attempts until Sukara even opened her eyes. Even then all she got was a confused glare.

"Come on," Korra whispered, tugging at the covers that went over her hand, "I haven't had a snowball fight in ages. Come and battle me?"

Sukara sighed as her brain tried to piece together Korra's words in its tired state. She thought for a second, but then Kuvira moved and they both froze. Luckily, all she did was turn over, removing the arm that had been around Sukara's waist.

Now with nothing keeping her attached to the bed, Sukara gave Korra a smile and quietly followed her out of the house and into the snow.

#####

Sukara was ducked down behind a wall of snow that she had made. Silently, she waited for a noise.

Suddenly, a sharp thud came from the other side of the wall as a snowball hit. A smile broke across her face as she made her move. Swiftly, she lifted a sheet of snow and flung it in Korra's direction. The battle was on. Using their water bending and athletic ability, they continued to throw snow at each other. Making forts and breaking them down. Just taking the morning to hang out and let off steam.

The secret snowball fight was all going according to plan, that was until  respective girlfriends arrived and threw them off their guard.

Sukara got a snowball to the side of the face, causing her to flail a little in surprise. She bent the snow around her so that it covered her body, hiding her in a white sheet, making Kuvira laugh as she made her way over.

A small grunt could be heard as Kuvira accidentally stepped on Sukara when she was feeling her way through the snow, trying not to do just that. Quickly, she moved her foot. Once Sukara felt the pressure of Kuvira's feet either side of her waist, she burst up out of her snow blanket and knocked her girlfriend into her lap.

As soon as Kuvira settled, Sukara leaned up and kissed her. Kuvira's fingers instantly reaching into Sukara's hair, tugging a little as she stroked through it.

"I'm really glad you're feeling better," Kuvira muttered against Sukara's lips.

"Me too," Sukara said between soft kisses. Holding Kuvira's body close to hers.

As they slowed down, Sukara nuzzled into Kuvira's chest, feeling almost sleepy as they sat in the snow.

"How are you not cold?" Kuvira asked, lifting Sukara's face in her hand so that she was smiling up at her. She noticed how Sukara was still in her pajamas. A white tank top and some loose trousers.

"Not only am I a South Pole native," Sukara told her, moving her hands up to Kuvira's face, "but I'm also a fire bender."

Gently, she rose the temperature in her palms just enough so that they felt like little heaters. Kuvira gave a small giggle as the unexpected heat hit her cheeks. With a smirk on her face, Sukara moved her hands again, this time to just under Kuvira's top.

"And an air bender," Sukara mentioned as she made a warm shoot of air go up Kuvira's top, making her hair move as it came through. Kuvira squealed at the unexpected sensation, instinctively grabbing onto Sukara's wrists to stop her doing it again. "I don't get cold."

Kuvira shook her head as she laughed, grateful that that chaotic sense of humour was back. She loved Sukara through all her moods but there was something about that smile that just hit her right in the heart every time.

She was just about to lean down to kiss her again when the two of them were hit with an avalanche of snow. The cold went down the back of Kuvira's coat making a shiver run down her spin.

"Cuddle time is over," Korra called from behind a new snow fort she had just made. Asami giggling behind her, "we're at war here. Unless... you give up?"

Sukara laughed, "I will never give up."

"Good," Korra said as she bent another sheet of snow in their direction.

Sukara reached her arms around Kuvira and bent the air to keep the snow from hitting them. Quickly, she grabbed Kuvira around the waist and flipped them over, sending a wall of snow up as she did so. With one last kiss she said, "Are you ready for battle?"

"Let's destroy them."