Chapter 25

And we're back from commercial folks....

-

Niy POV

"I'm so happy for y'all." Ari squealed as we unpacked boxes in Shae and Zay's house.

"I'm real life happy outchea." Shae did a dance rubbing her belly.

"This big ass house." Jay grumbled carrying boxes in the movie room.

"Dubs we all seen them houses you was looking at

"Dubs we all seen them houses you was looking at." Sosa instigated.

"What was you look at houses fa?" Lay asked.

"Nan ya business." I butted in.

Truth is, shit getting hot. All the guys buying houses, Zay is the only one moving in. Jay thought it was smart that they all get us straight. I don't like him talking like that but he insisted.

There's a house in Sosa and Ari's name, and Lay and Ant. Zay set up a trust fund for their son, Ant set up one for their baby even though she's only 6 weeks.

"Niy when you gone give my nigga a kid?" Zay questioned placing the living room TV down.

"What's today?" I asked.

"Christmas eve..." They all dragged in unison.

"Exactly, Santa gon have to come up to me and hand me a gift personally before you find me with a bump." I shook my head putting away dishes.

"Christmas plans?" Ant asked.

"We having everyone over at our place for Zay leaves." Jay nodded his head.

"Who everyone?" Ari asked.

"My family, Jay's aunt, Zay and I's grandma, and the Lay's dad and brother." I ranted.

"Wait explain this all to me." She inquired.

"Zay and I are cousins, his dad and my mom were siblings. His mom got strung out on crack, and his dad got killed in a drive by. Our grandma took him in, that's what made us so close." I explained my family drama.

"Y'all are my family, my parents don't like Zay. Say I'm just a quick nut to him, they don't even care that they have a grandchild on the way. I'm not like my "successful" sister and they don't like that." Shae put air quotes around successful.

"Moms was killed 3 years ago, dad ain't left the house since. My little brother all I got left." Sosa shrugged.

"My mom committed suicide, leaving me on the streets at 10. That's where I found these niggas, it's been like dis since." Ant ranted.

"Moms had cancer, died when I was 5. My brother is a engineer up in ATL, it's been me and my dad since." Lay got up off the couch.

"Deadbeat ass momma, dead asf daddy." Jay shrugged sitting next to me. I played with his ear cause I know he hates this subject.

"So we real life all each other got?" Ari sniffed.

"Whats the deal with yo folks?" Shae asked.

"My parents are um racist, they met Lorian and lost they shit." She explained.

"Lorian, shoulda been okay with it. White ass name." Sosa mumbled sitting down.

"Niy yo parents alive and together" Ant stated with confusion "Youn need us, and yo sister in the picture."

"I love my folks, but I been up under them so long. I'm the baby, and they can't seem to understand me growing up. They my riders tho." I shrugged, I loved my family but I'm practically grown.

"Enough with this shit, lets get in the holiday spirit." Shae squealed.

"I'll cook sum to eat, turn on some music Lay." I got up going into they kitchen. I turned my ass right back around when I saw it.

"We ain't been grocery shopping yet." Shae and Zay said in unison busting out laughing.

"Walmart time." I danced going to Jay to get the keys to the car.

"Hm, we got shit to handle y'all." He got up passing me the keys.

"Leggo, this shit not about to ruin my holiday." Ant followed.

"Bae where you going?" My voice cracked.

"Come on mama now not the time to be clingy. Imma be back, go to da sto' so you can cook dada some food." He grabbed my waist.

I got chills over my body and my stomach felt knotty. I felt like this wasn't a good idea.

"Okay" I sighed "Be safe please." I pecked his lips.

"Gotchu." He ran out the house.

"WAIT JAY-" I got cut off my the door slamming "I love you papa." I mumbled wiping my eyes going to his G-Wagon.

"Come on bitches." Lay stuck out her tongue when I got in.

"They gon be alright." Shae rubbed my cheek.

"We all know that's a lie." I mumbled pulling off.

•••

"Where this bitch gooo?" I dragged looking for Lay.

She popped up out the dolls isle carrying two Barbies.

"For why?" I cut my eyes at her.

"I wanted some dollies." She cheesed.

"Alright y'all I'm ready." Shae waddled with pickles, icing, takis and chips.

"Mane let's go fat ass." Ari chuckled going to the self check out.

I was scanning stuff when Shae's phone rang. I was putting milk in a bag when she dropped the pickles.

"Y'all- Come- Nooooo. Come on we gotta go." She croaked.

"Wassup?" I turned towards her.

"It's Zay...." Ari trailed off shutting her phone off.

-

Don't worry, it's just the beginning😗