Chapter 21: Some Words of Wisdom

"Say no more!" Judy proclaimed with excitement, standing atop the bench. "I know just the place to get drinks."

 "That'd be wonderful."

"Let's go then!" Judy hopped off the bench, started skipping, but I didn't feel well enough to follow her so she turned around. "Aren't you coming?"

"I'll stay here... if that's okay."

Judy scanned the area but seemed worried about leaving me alone. "Are you sure?" 

"Positive." I quickly nodded.

"I don't want you feeling sick on your first day in Zootopia." 

"I'm fine...I just need to...absorb."

"Take your time. I can bring us some drinks. Any requests? They've got some of the best coffee here."

 I could smell it in the distance but had to resist.  "I don't drink coffee."

"Tea?" she offered.

 It was too hot for tea so I shook my head.  "Not tea."

"Hmmm, how about some fruit water? They've got freshly squeezed lemonade over by city hall."

Now we're talking.

"That works," I instinctively checked my imaginary pockets for money but there was no wallet to be found. My HUD's currency checker indicated that I had a couple thousand galactic credits remaining but those were worthless by now. After all, they weren't physical currency since they were only qubits. Come to think of it, I'd have to find some way to gain Zootopian currency If I were to remain stuck here for a while. Until then, I'd have to write some IOUs for the meantime.

"I promise I'll pay you back." I continued. 

"Don't worry, I've got you covered!"

"Thanks, Judy."

"No problem! Oh, and, by the way, they do have cherry lemonade if that interests you." 

I shook my head. "Regular's fine."

"Coming right up! Stay here and please... don't go wandering off," she advised, before gracefully skipping away down the plaza. With all the animals around her, it was difficult to see where exactly she was going but she seemed to be heading towards the inverted 'Y'-shaped building in the outer plaza distance that had a waterfall pouring out above the main entrance. Whatever that was, I'm sure she knew the area well.

"I've got nowhere else to be." I shrugged.

The sandstone bench I sat on had no backrest of any sort so I pivoted myself in 180 degrees to face a spectacularly choreographed water fountain situated in the central green patch of the plaza park

The sandstone bench I sat on had no backrest of any sort so I pivoted myself in 180 degrees to face a spectacularly choreographed water fountain situated in the central green patch of the plaza park. The display consisted of water spewing into the shape of a circular hollow pillar along with a line of water cannons that cut straight through the middle. The height and pressure behind each individual tube had a dynamic variation but they staying in sync with one another and made the entire scene feel quite mesmerizing to watch.