❤︎chapter 1: encounter❤︎

Y/N POV
"Hey y/n have you found your soulmate yet?"
That question goes around my head all the time everyday. Why do people believe that someday they're going to meet their 'soulmate.' its just so stupid to me.

"Hello earth to y/n?!"

"Oh, yeah sorry what were you saying?" I turn to face my best friend Emiko.

"I was asking you about the school festival remember." Emiko said while we walked to the convince store.

"Right, what were we doing about the festival?" She looked at me with a disappointed expression.

"We're going together, duh."

"Ok I get it I wasn't listening."

"Maybe you can find your soulmate there y/n." Emiko said as she nudged my shoulder.

"I told you before I don't believe in that stuff." I say as we walk into the store.

"Well you never know." She turned to me with a grin.

"What ever you say then." I say sarcastically.

We parted ways looking around the store for things to buy. I walked by the snacks and drinks while
Emiko went to the ice cream section. I was in the aisle by myself or at least that's what I thought until I felt someone grab the same bag of jelly sticks.

"Oh sorry about that." I looked up to find a tall guy that looked around my age standing next to me.

"Nah it's fine you can take it." I say as I held out the bag in front of me.

"Are you sure it's the last one."

"Yeah it's fine." I gave him a slight smile.

Emiko POV
I was walking toward the aisle y/n-chan was in with my strawberry ice cream in hand and noticed she was talking to a guy. 'Wait Y/N-CHAN IS TALKING TO A GUY!'  I didn't want disturb them so I hid in the aisle next to hers peeking through the shelfs. I hear y/n say that he could have jelly sticks. 'HEY why does y/n-chan let a stranger have the last bag of jelly sticks but she doesn't share with me when I ask!?! WAIT...SHE SMILED AT HIM!'
I stood there staring into the shelving shocked.

"Emiko what are you doing?" I heard a voice from behind me say.

"WHAT, oh hi y/n!" I exclaimed turning around.

"Are you done picking out your things?"

"Yeah." I sighed as we walked over the the register.

Y/N POV
'I wonder what's up with Emiko' I wondered to myself as I went to go get a peach milk before I got to the register.

"Hey Y/n-chan do you want me to pay for your things?" Emiko asked me.

"Oh no it's fine I got it." I assured her.

I was waiting in line behind Emiko on my phone. Then I remembered the guy I gave the chuupets (jelly sticks) to didn't leave yet. I got a strange feeling from the guy.

Then, just my luck, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, um I'm from earlier."

"Oh yeah, uh hi." I reply to him. 'What the hell, how are his eyes so mesmerizing?" I think to myself.

Suna POV
'Woah, I can look into these girls eyes for hours....WAIT I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER! Come on Rin get yourself together.' I didn't even realize but I was standing in front of her for a while staring. I snap out of it and drawn my attention to her. She was staring at me too. We were looking into each other's eyes, it was like we both couldn't stop.

"Um y/n-chan?"

Our attention went to her friend.

"Oh sorry were you two talking. I'll just be outside." She said innocently. Her friend started walking to the front of the store.

The y/n girl turned back around. "So what is it that you needed?" She asks.

I was too lost in my thoughts I stuttered, "Uh I was just wondering what your name was so I can um pay you back with chuupets."

She looked like she was thinking her own thoughts.
"Well I'm l/n y/n, but everyone calls me y/n."

"Y/n huh, I like that. I'm Suna Rintarou." I say oddly confidently. I saw a slight smile appear on her face.

"So are you gonna ask for my number?" My eyes widen from how confident she sounded and how smooth that was.

"Why sure since you want it so bad." I say sarcastically taking out my phone. She pulls her phone and there is a crap ton of anime stickers in her case. "You like anime huh?" I ask.

"Yeah who wouldn't?" She chuckles.

'What the hell am I falling for this girl the first encounter? Why did I get all warm inside?' My thoughts just kept going.

"So what's your favorite?" I tried to act as calm as possible.

"Umm probably f/a."

"I heard that ones pretty good. Mine's probably Attack on Titan."

"So you do watch. We should watch something together." She says.

"Yeah but you have to give me your number first." I smirk at how I sounded. But she continued to give me her digits, and pay for her stuff. When she finished she said goodbye and made her way out to her friend.

"Hey! I owe you you chuupets remember!" I say before she leaves.

"Got it!" She responds. She gave a smile and so did I.

Y/N POV
"Y/N-CHAN!! So what happened with the guy? Do you like him? You guys would look cute together!" Emiko harassed me with questions.

"Calm down Emiko. He just asked for my name..."

"AND you didn't finish what you were saying!" Emiko shouted.

"I asked for his number. THERE ARE YOU HAPPY!" I was flustered and stopped walking. Emiko started squeling and cheering up and down.

"Y/n-chan got a crush~, y/n-chan got a crush~" She sang.

I was getting annoyed and started to unravel my earbuds.

"Oooohh maybe he's your soulmate?" Emiko exclaimed.

My eyes widen to what she said. 'Wait is this why I felt something odd about him? No I don't believe in soulmates. They are just a dumb belief.' I think to myself. "No Emiko I don't believe in soulmates remember." I put my earbuds on and continue walking.

We made our way to Emiko's house.

"Bye y/n!! I'll call you later!" She yells running to her front door.

"Bye!" I shout back.

My house wasn't too far from hers so I didn't have to worry too much. I keep walking while listening to f/s.

Watching the sun go down I finally got home.
"Just as lonely as always." I murmur while taking my shoes off. I quickly ran upstairs to my room to change into house clothes, and plop on my bed.

"What if he's my soulmate?" My overthinking took over. I look toward my phone wondering if I should reach out to him, then it buzzed and lit up...

a/n: lol not sure if that was good or not but got done with the first chapter😁. but i might change somethings in this chapter tmr. anyways updates are probably slow but i'll try and update when i can!!