four

_________

Sometimes I found his little quirks hilarious, like how a dimple appears on his cheeks when he gives a real smile, but other times, stuff like slamming me into walls and kissing me strikes fear in my heart

_________

O N E

W E E K

L A T E R

_________

Kitioma Hadlee

I can't believe that Sam would do such a thing. Sam, the boy who gave me so many hugs from behind, so many late nights, so many neck kisses...place a dark curse on me?

How immature.

How fucking immature.

But the real thing swirling around my head is how Tom knows what curse it is. Not many people practice dark magic, as Aurors taken small rebellions down before they could really rise up. So how Sam conjured one onto me and how Tom know which one it is in only seconds scares me.

I am planning to go to the library to research the spell Tom gave me, some hex of some sort. I don't think he realized that he told me what spell it is, it just slipped out of his mouth. Or maybe he did mean to tell me and that is his way of getting back at me, telling me a spell because he knows I will go and try to look it up in the restricted section. The problem is, I can't exactly go to the restricted section without the permission of a professor, and who am I to go up to one and say, "Yes, my crazy ex boyfriend placed a dark magic spell on me and I need to research it so I can know if my body is going to commit no oxygen or not." I would probably get kicked out of Hogwarts for being more insane than Gryffindor seekers.

Luckily, it is a week from the entire 'party' incident, therefore another Saturday night, the perfect time to snoop around. My classes have passed by surprisingly fast, and I realize that I start seeing Tom in a lot more places than I have before. In the hallways. During meals. And I know it is crazy, but I feel like he's watching me. It only adds to his sketchy demeanor, with the mood switches, the charming attitude to complete asshole, with the emotionless, bored looks, with the teacher's pet mindset, how he gains everyone's trust within a second.

I know it sounds weird, it sounds weird to myself. But I keep thinking he's this bipolar, scary guy when everyone else thinks he's either a teacher's pet or a nice young man.

Maybe it's just the circumstances I met him putting doubts in my head. He said sorry, didn't he? And just because he doesn't smile as much as other people doesn't mean he's an emotionless psychopath.

I've seen him smiling and talking with Izzy, the Head Girl, and some of the teachers. But the way he snapped at me to give him the paper, the way he pushed me out of his room, the way he threw my wand at my head, I can't help but think if there's some sort of dark cover up to this seemingly-nice boy.

Gabby tells me I'm overreacting. I guess I am, just the thoughts and paranoia of Sam coming after me with dark magic making my head loopy.

But lately, he's just seemed...off. Like everything he does is fake. He almost seems on edge, like he's planning something.

I spotted Tom speaking to Marlene, one of my friends, and another boy who looks a lot like Marlene in a hushed voice a few days ago. It felt weird, as he has never tried to speak to Marlene. She would have told me something like that.