Chapter 7

I crossed my arms, feeling irritated that I had to deal with this man everyday and now in my zone of comfort. "Do you have to conveniently be everywhere I go?"

"Relax tigrotta. It's not my fault fate keeps bringing us together." His deep voice spoke before he winked, and in a way that made something inside me flip.

"Disgusting." I muttered like a spoilt child who's parents were trying to feed vegetables. I grabbed some gloves and slipped them on, asking for help from another woman to strap them.

Then I turned to Enzo, who looked at my gloves and lowered his eyebrows."I'm not fighting you."

I started stretching my arms, fully prepared to smash his face. "Don't be a coward. Come on."

He seemed really affected by this, and stepped back from me, his palms facing me in surrender."I don't fucking fight women."

"Then this'll be easy."

My fist smashed against his face, which send it a little to the side from the impact but he didn't seem fazed by it.

I blinked at his reaction, was this man made of metal or what. He just stood there, clearly conflicted on what to do.

I threw another jab aiming for his shoulder, before he blocked it with uncertainty if he was doing the right thing or not.

"Hit me." I urged before I threw a punch at his jaw. I then put my foot behind his and threw him onto the ground. "Hit me you pussy."

"You're letting a girl kick your ass?" A man called out to Enzo. Enzo's unsure face suddenly turned into a determined scowl, and he jumped up before hitting my shoulder.

A tight smile formed on my face. That was more like it. I lifted my knee up, kneeing him in the stomach. This caused him to get annoyed, so he tried throwing me on the ground but I punched his cheek.

The few people around us started cheering, but it seemed to be blurry to me. The only thing I focused on was mine and his movements.

I had to detect his weakness, which was extremely hard. It was like scrummaging through darkness, I couldn't find anything from him.

I was resorted to pull his arm, dragging him towards me to throw a punch but he was as immovable as a wall. Before I knew it I'm slammed onto the ground,

A breath of surprised escaped me at his skills, but I pulled his leg and tripped him over. Instead of straddling him like I intended, he rolled me over and did it to me.

He smashed a few punches at me, but kicked him in the crotch and finally straddled him, focusing on smashing my fist against his face.

He simply watched me with amusement, letting me hit him. He clearly wasn't invested in this as much as I was, and I didn't even hear the whistle echoing around the hall. That was it. I won.

"Woah woman, you won!" The man who blew the whistle exclaimed, impressed. An exhale left my mouth, breathing heavily as I looked down at Enzo.

It only now occurred to me that I was straddling him, and when I realised I quickly shot up.

The heaviness on my chest made me bend over, sweat glossing the both of us. "Told you so."

As if he wasn't just in a fight he sat up, his abs flexing with his movements.

"Where did you learn how to fight like that?" He asked, his voice expressing his confusion and fascination.

"My brother." I breathed before I jumped off of the ring. That was intense.

I went to the locker room, which reeked of sweaty men and got dressed before leaving the building. It always felt good taking my anger out by fighting, and as the breeze stroked my skin I couldn't feel more carefree.

Until my phone started to ring. What a mood spoiler, especially seeing it was Theo.

"Stop calling me Theo. I swear to god you're driving me crazy, get yourself a fucking life."

"Watch the attitude Shy. I have to make sure you're staying out of trouble."

"Don't call me again." I spat before shutting the phone. I kicked a rock in front of me with anger. I needed a bigger stress relief.

I started to phone Dante, the guy who tells me if there are any hits and manages them.

"Hey Dante, you got any hits?"

——————————————————————————

"Man I love ketchup." Roman exclaimed as he emptied out his little packet.

"Okay....." Jade said stretching out her voice and raising a judgmental eyebrow at Roman. "Anyway, have you heard about the-"

A flying piece of bread landed at our lunch table as our eyes followed it. It came from the direction of Enzo and his jock-airheads table. Except- Enzo wasn't there.

I exhaled with irritation before taking the piece of bread and tossing it on the ground. It wasn't long before an even bigger piece came flying, and hit off of Romans head.

"Ew." He whined.

I licked my teeth and stared at that table. Picking up the piece of bread I shot up and walked towards the table.

"Hey Shy, you know, you're looking real sexy today." One brunette spoke in a high almost too friendly voice.

"Mmhmm?" I replied, not hiding my disgust as threw the piece of bread at his head. The group of guys all started laughing and oo-ed.

Boy the brunette was not happy. His jaw clenched and he glared at me, as his friends taunted him like this was grade school. 

"You've gotta be careful, or I might have to take a slice of you. Whether you like it or not-"

"Jonny that's enough." One of the other guys spat with a warning look. He had light blonde hair and seemed tired of his friends behaviour. It was Kyle, the one who dropped notes off on my first day.

"Try me." Was all I said before returning to my table. Roman and Jade smiled widely at me as I continued eating my food.

"Woah, it's good you put him in his place." Jade said as she munched on a bread stick. "So as I was saying, our entire year is planning a Halloween party. It's in a club."

"Mmhm." There wasn't even the tiniest bit of interest in my voice. "I need to go to the library..." I picked my bag up, and Jade rolled her eyes as I got up. "I'll see you later" I said and grabbed my bag before leaving.

I had a long walk ahead of me. The college library was being renovated meaning the students had to walk a shit load to get to the other closest one.

After a 20 minute walk, I entering the library and sighed with relief, which is something I'd never do since I hated any place where you have to study. But the sun was scorching outside making my walk difficult.

Rows of shelves lay in front of me, dark brown and as tall as the ceiling that went above 2 stories. It smelled like wood, moist carpeting and paper - if paper even had a smell.

Looking for a biology book, I strolled through the shelves of hundreds of books. Man was this library old. I had to cough a few times to get the dust out from the back of my throat. When I grabbed a few books I needed, I started walking towards the seating area.

I was an idiot if I thought I could sit and learn without feeling extremely overwhelmed.

For hours I tried my hardest to absorb the words, but it was as if my brain turned off. I tossed the book aside and rubbed my head, feeling quite worthless. Everyone else here could study like they were made for it, why couldn't I?

Thankfully my phone buzzed, a good distraction. I exhaled and lifted it, seeing a message on the screen. Theo.

Dipshit 💩
Answer my fucking calls Shy.

Sighing, I sat back in my seat. When Theo got clingy it only made me want to ignore his calls even more. My phone kept ringing in my pocket. Vibrating against my skin. The more it happened the more I rushed putting these books back, and left this library.