Chapter 24 - Well, Oliver just kissed me

To say Erin was in shock would be the biggest understatement of the century. She wanted to run up to Oliver and hug him, but as soon as she had reached him, he had grabbed her by the waist and kissed her.

It was so unexpected that when he pulled away, Erin was still processing what had happened. She stared at him with her eyes wide. Oliver had kissed her. Oliver Wood had kissed her. Not only had she been crushing on him for over a year now, he had been her first kiss.

"I- uhm ... I'm sorry, I should have asked-", Oliver said awkwardly as he noticed Erin's surprised reaction. She hadn't kissed him back, just because her body had frozen up instantly. "I shouldn't have-"

As soon as Erin came back to reality and heard those words, she needed to react. She needed him to know that she was very, very happy with what he just did, so she pulled him by his quidditch robes and kissed him.

This time, Oliver was a bit surprised, but not for long. Soon, he kissed her back, trying to hold back a huge smile on his face.

Reality really sunk in when cheers erupted all around them. Erin pulled away, only to notice half the Gryffindor House staring at them, either whispering or cheering. The heat rose to Erin's cheeks, causing her to blush madly. Oliver had pretty much the same reaction.

"I should go", Erin said, her voice small. "I'll see you around. Congratulations on winning", she said and quickly got off the pitch. She couldn't hide the massive smile on her face, though. Oliver Wood had kissed her.

"So, Woody, what was that all about?" Fred asked as he smacked his captain on the back.

"Yeah, didn't quite see that one coming", George added. "Didn't think you'd ever get it through your thick skull." Oliver couldn't do much, as his head was still in the kiss, so he just shrugged and walked to the changing rooms. This had been a marvelous day.

"Erin, Erin! I need your help!", Beatrice shouted at her as she entered the common room. She grabbed her best friend by the wrist and pulled her up the stairs to their dorm room.

"What is it?" Erin asked, still smiling brightly.

"Meredith just asked me to meet her at the Great Lake in half an hour. She told me she had something very important to ask me."

"Oh, Merlin, she's going to ask you to be her girlfriend!" Erin squealed, applauding enthusiastically.

"I think so! Can you pick out an outfit for me?" Beatrice said, suddenly sounding nervous. Beatrice's closet mainly consisted of black with some yellow tones here and there. Most items were long trousers and sweaters, as Beatrice wasn't really a girly girl. That was the person who Meredith liked, though, so Erin picked out a simple long pair of black trousers, a yellow sweater and some cute brown boots from her own collection.

"You really think she'll ask me? There are like no lesbian couples at Hogwarts", Beatrice said nervously.

"Well there needs to be a first one, right? Of course she'll ask you! She's crazy about you!" Beatrice took a shaky breath, looking at her watch. Erin had never seen her this nervous before.

"Twenty minutes still. Please tell me something to distract me", she complained.

"Well, Oliver just kissed me."

It took a couple of seconds before the message had sunk in, but when it did, Beatrice stared at Erin with wide eyes.

"WHAT?!" Erin immediately started blushing again.

"Yeah, after the game. I went to congratulate him and he just kissed me!" Erin smiled brightly, not ever wanting to forget that moment. Beatrice pulled her into a tight hug.