Chapter 8

Eva's POV

I later found out through Ron that Dementors, which are big cloaked figures that guard Azkaban, were looking for Sirius Black. Harry had passed out and Ginny had been terrified.

I did my best to comfort her on the ride to the castle but it didn't seem to be working.

"Gin? Ginny?" when the younger girl didn't answer I pulled her into a hug as she wept into my robes.

"All I could think about was Tom Riddle and the Chamber," she whispers into my cloak. "It's all my fault you and the others got petrified."

"Shhh no it's not. Don't worry I've already forgotten about it."

I kept Ginny close to me until we entered the Great Hall and I had to go to my table. I caught up with Fred as he was heading to the Gryffindors table.

"Bye Gin. I'm going to come check on you later." A gave her one last hug before letting Fred take the shaking bundle under his arm.

"Thank you," he mouthed to me over Ginny's shoulders. I just sent him a smile in return as I made my way to Luna.

"Are you ok? The Dementors didn't get to you at all did they?"

"No I'm ok Eva," Luna smiled at me lightly but it wasn't the same as always. I pulled her in and let her lean on my shoulder as I try to forget the feeling from the train.

The Sorting Hat and its song along with the first years getting sorted, Dumbledore's regular speech and his introduction to the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher went rather quickly. I usually would be starving my ass off for the feast but with my new home and better parental figures it wouldn't be the case this year.

Me and Luna caught up with everything we hadn't been able to fit in our few letters. I told her every detail I could remember, including Charlie's interesting remark. She of course told me that one of the Weasley's must like me but neither of us had a clue which one. A tiny, very very tiny, voice in the back of my head kept whispering Fred, Fred, Fred. But I ignored it was Luna told me about some articles they got for her father's paper, The Quibbler.

"Do you want to go Eva? I'm stuffed?"

"Sure," I smiled at my blonde friend.

As we came up to the portrait of the Ravenclaw common room, Luna turned to me a little more happier than normal.

"I have a surprise for you....I convinced Professor Flitwick to let me and you share a dorm. Well we're sharing it with another girl too but...surprise!"

I wrapped the small girl into my arms as we both laughed with joy.

"Well look, how cute. Are you two going to move out my our way?" the nasty voice of my old friend Laurie spat behind us. Next to her stood Cho Chang who wouldn't look me in the eye.

Maybe it was the fact that I was spending all that time with Gryffindors but something in me finally told me to argue back.

"What's your problem Laurie? You finally get the Hufflepuff to look your way and that means your to good for us?"

"Bitch. Looks like Daddy didn't hit you hard enough this year," her venom filled words made my blood turn cold. Laurie, Luna and now the Weasley's were the only ones I had confined in about my father. And she knew that.

I didn't realize what had happened until Laurie was on the floor in a small pool of blood and wailing while Luna started to drag me away.

"Eva? Eva?" I snap back into focus while Luna slightly shook me. "Are you okay? She shouldn't have said that." I just nodded trying to get a grip of myself. "Let's go for a walk."

Me and Luna walked hand in hand, the not bloody and bruised hand, silent. I was starting to clam down and took the risk of heading back to the common room.

"Miss Jackson is it?" the new Professor stood up from the bench near our portrait. "Miss Calle just informed me that you violent attacked her. Is this true?"

Before I could speak Luna responded with her light voice, "It wasn't her fault Professor Lupin. Laurie said some very personal things to provoke her."

"Is that so?" I nodded trying to cover my bloody hand. "Well I'll let you off this time. But there will be no more fights."

We moved to our dorm ignoring everyone including our new roommate. I threw the stack of new books as promised off the book and fell asleep in my robes.

Thank you for 70 views! That's more than expected for this being my first story.