Chapter 13: The First Task

"Dragons"Cedric's jaw dropped

"Dragons"
Cedric's jaw dropped. Dragons? Dragons? Maybe he should have thought this whole eternal glory gig through. While he and Harry were in a serious conversation, Roger and Amora happened to be crossing the courtyard on their way to Potions. Per usual, Amora's eyes drifted over to the Hufflepuff curiously as they always had for the past week. Sure, they had broken up, but that didn't mean she couldn't miss him, right?

"Hey! Amora!" Cedric called as he gave Harry a wave goodbye and approached the Slytherin. Amora's face tensed as Roger ushered her along, both wanting to get away from the approaching champion.

"Amora, you can't keep ignoring me. You have to talk to me at some point," Cedric sighed dramatically. Amora whirled around and before she knew it, her finger was pointed in his face.

"I don't have to do anything. Especially not for you," she spat.

"What about keeping me alive?" he asked. Amora froze. Every part of her body told her to say no. Every single freaking bone, organ, vessel and limb. However, it was her heart that deep down knew she couldn't ever want Cedric to end up hurt, or worse dead.

"I assume you know the First Task?" Amora asked.

"Meet me, Charms classroom, ten tonight," Cedric whispered in her ear. Before she could respond, Roger gripped her arm and tugged her away, shooting a fierce glare at Cedric. Cedric simply looked him up and down, rolled his eyes, and grabbed her other arm.

"Mores, we got potions," Roger mumbled.

"If you don't mind, I was just talking with her," Cedric retorted.

"Mores let's go, Snape's gonna skin us alive," Roger urged.

"Since when did you call her Mores?"

"Since you snogged Hazel Mayweather in a broom cupboard while dating her."

"Will the both of you shut up!"

Both of the boys looked down as Amora shrugged her arms away from their grip. She shot them both an angry glare as they took a step back, slightly scared.

"Both of you oafs aren't going anywhere or doing anything with me. I'll do as I please, and right now, I have to get to Potions," she declared.

"Great, I'll go with you," Roger smirked triumphantly.

"I can walk myself, thanks love," she snorted as she marched down the hallway.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora quitely tip toed down the hallway. Every slightest sound would cause the young Slytherin to jump and hide somewhere. One time she even heard Mrs. Norris' angry meows coming from the end of one hallway. However, she managed to make it to the Charms classroom at ten on the dot. She quietly creaked open the door and was surprised to see not only Cedric, but all of her friends. Belle and Ned stood in a corner, digging through many study books. Cedric and Aaron were in a very heated discussion that looked like it had nothing to do with the First Task. Rey was helping Cassie paint some posters while Tyler and Draco were practicing some new dueling spells.