Chapter 14: At Last

Song: Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band

When Hermione's feet landed on the hard wood floor of her apartment, she ran to her bedroom and quickly hung Draco's suit in their closet and hung her dress in the spare bedroom closet. Away from Draco's prying eyes and curiosity. Within a minute she apparated back to the alleyway outside the bridal shop. Her feet quickly carried her back to the main lobby where Pansy, Luna, and Ginny where waiting.

"Is the cab almost here?" Asked Hermione, winded from all the running around.

Pansy held onto her stomach and answered, "How am I supposed to know? I'm not all knowing."

Luna attempted to calm Pansy down by helping her sit down in a near by chair. She managed to sit right before she let out a terrible yell. "I think that was a contraction."

Hermione turned around and put her hands to her face in a panic. She briefly made eye contact with Henry. 

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked, his eyes were full of panic as well. It was quite obvious that he had never been in this kind of situation before, but then again none of them had. "Do you want me to call an ambulance?"

"No, no," reassured Hermione, "Our cab should be here any moment."

Once Henry walked away, Pansy said through gritted teeth, "Please, can we just apparate?"

"No," said Hermione and Ginny in unison.

Luna explained, "It's not healthy for the baby to apparate when pregnant, especially when you're in labor."

Pansy let out a groan of irritation and pain. "Where is the bloody cab?"

Just a moment later Hermione noticed a cab pull up outside the front door of the shop. Quickly, they all made their way out onto the busy sidewalk and into the cab. Hermione yelled directions to the muggle driver. He had a look of confusion on his face.

"Ma'm there isn't a hospital anywhere near there." Responded the driver in a Scottish accent.

"Please sir, just drive us there." Said Luna softly as she clicked her seatbelt into place.

"There's lite-" 

Pansy interrupted him, "FOR THE LOVE OF MERLIN, JUST DRIVE!"

And with that he spun out into traffic. 

In the backseat Hermione and Luna tried to calm Pansy down to the best of their abilities, while Ginny sat in the passenger seat trying to figure out how to use the muggle phone Harry had given her incase of emergencies. 

She cursed the bloody contraption when she saw that the battery was dead. She told Hermione in a hushed tone, "We'll have to send Blaise a patronus when we get there."

After several minutes of the cab driver's awful driving and Pansy's screams, they finally arrived outside the old department store that disguised St. Mungo's. Hermione handed the driver some muggle money and he was gone as soon as all of their feet hit the sidewalk. 

The three of them didn't waste anytime and quickly made their way into the building. St. Mungo's was just as busy as ever on the inside. Healers, nurses, and patients alike scrambled around. Hermione began to approach the front desk when she saw an all to familiar Healer.

Draco noticed her too and took a couple long strides to meet her in the middle of the lobby. He greeted her with a quick kiss, "What are you doing here? Did you come to visit me?"

"Not exactly," Hermione bit her bottom lip and gestured to a Pansy, a couple of feet behind her. "Pansy's in labor."

Draco's eyes widened, "Oh Merlin." He yelled for a nurse to bring a wheelchair and one quickly brought one out. The next thing they knew Draco was leading them up and down corridors until they finally rolled Pansy into an empty room.