Chapter 26

Excuse mistakes🤍

-

Omniscient

"WHERES MY FUCKING COUSUN?" Niy yelled to the lady at the desk.

"Bitch I already told you go wait in th-" Niy cut her off by banging her head on the desk repeatedly.

"Come on mama." Jay whispered in her ear picking her up carrying her outside.

"Jay what happened to my cousin?" She breathed out.

"We was at a stand off with Von nem, he got shot 3 times." He sighed.

"What were my words before you left out that house?" She asked.

"Be safe." He mumbled.

"Speak tf up." She raised her voice.

"BE SAFE DAMMIT! I failed you Niy and I'm so sorry." He looked down.

"You didn't fail me Jay'shawn." She lifted his head up.

"It shoulda been me." He gritted.

"No, it's shouldn't have. I can't loose you pookie, he gon pull through. He got to." She pulled him in a hug.

"I promise you we gon get them." He mumbled in her neck.

"It's finna be a red christmas in da 919." Niy said back.

"Y'all the doctor got a update." Sosa ran out.

"Coming." She softly grabbed Jay's hand leading back inside.

"Hi, family of Isiah Smith?" The doctor asked. They all nodded and he scanned over a clipboard.

"He's very lucky, he was shot 3 times. Twice in his leg once in his stomach. We were able to remove all bullets, but due to the blood loss we had to put him in a medically induced coma. He should wake up on his own, you may go see him now."

"When should he wake up cheif?" Jay asked rubbing his waves, he felt as if this was his fault. He thought Niy was gonna blame him, when she was doing the exact opposite. That was her cousin, but she knew she couldn't be in Shae's position.

"Most wake up when healed fully, most likely a month and some change." The doctor nodded.

"What room?" Shae said right above a whisper.

She's thankful he's alive, she didn't know what she was gonna do.

"Right down this hall." He led the way, the group walked in and everybody sighed.

"1 person may spend the night." The doctor mentioned before leaving the room.

"Niy can I stay?" Shae mumbled.

"Of course, imma go pack you a bag." She gave her a hug and kissed her belly.

She and Jay walked towards the entrance hand in hand. They know the circumstances and couldn't let each other go.

"Thank you." She said getting in the car after he opened the door.

"You hungry mama?" He turned outta the hospital.

"No let's just go get ha clothes." She sat back closing her eyes.

"Niy I'm so sorry, it shoulda been me. It's on me and I promise you I'm gon get these niggas." He reached over rubbing her thigh.

"Jay ik you sorry baby, and don't talk like that. God doesn't make mistakes. And WE gon get these niggas." She grabbed his hand looking him in the eyes.

"Niy-Aht Lady D for a reason. If you steppin so am I." She cut him off shrugging.

Back at the hospital Zay and Niy's family arrived.

"Hey momma." Lay hugged Niy's mom, Cynthia.

"Hey baby." She kissed her forehead.

"Hi Ms. Cyn." Shae waddled to her.

"Hi love." She hugged her.

"How you doing?" Niy's dad, Chris said side hugging her.

"I'm okay." She nodded going back to sit down.

The pair were like parents to the whole group, they welcomed everyone in their home. All of the kids saw them as an example of a happy healthy home.

"Where granny at?" Lay asked.

"On her flight from Wisconsin. She'll be here in the morning." Cynthia said kissing her nephews forehead.

"Love you G." Chris rubbed his hand.

"What y'all want to eat?" Cynthia dug in her purse looking for her keys.

"We not- Nope what y'all want? Shae you needa feed my grand baby." She cut off Ant.

"Wings and pizza." Shae stated.

"Ok where my son at?" She looked around searching for Jay.

"He and Niy went to get Shae clothes." Ari explained.

"He's such a sweetheart." She put her hand over her head.

"Damn fuck me then ma." Niy walked into the room with a duffle bag.

"Girl move, hey baby." She hugged Jay.

"Wassup dukes." He kissed her cheek.

"Aggy." Niy rolled her eyes.

"Imma go get food, come on Chris." She walked out, with Chris following after dapping up Jay.

"We out." Jay dapped up Ant and Sosa.

"Rest up G." He patted Zay's shoulder.

"Bye babymomma, use my car if you need to get somewhere." Niy told Shae.

Everyone said there goodbyes before Jay and Niy left out. The rode home in comfortable silence with music playing lowly in the background.

Niy got out the car and went inside running a shower, Jay joined shorty after.

"Water from hell in dis bitch." He mumbled causing Niy to bust out laughing.

They both had a lot on they mind, but they were thankful. Thankful that they found each other and they were never gonna let go.

"I love you Aniya."

"I love you Jay'shawn." They said at the same time.

"Always & Forever." The water ran over the two as the hugged.

-

Trin out 🏃🏾‍♀️