28. The Come Down

Double update!! I felt bad for teasing you all so I'm giving you two updates to quench your thirst

Aster's POV

Heat climbs up the back of my neck, up my arms and coils gracefully in my belly. His tongue laps against mine while his hands wander down to my waist and to my hips. He grabs my hips harshly, pulling me to him closer. I wrap my arms around his neck and dive deeper into the kiss, letting the thumping music replace the mutinous beats of my heart in my chest.

I give myself to him, letting my body relax into his, our chests heaving against each other. His hands trace down and under my skirt, squeezing my bum so hard I let out a little yelp. He grins into his kiss, and continues to trace his fingers under the curve of my bottom and slowly up to my hip. Luckily, he was using his left hand, the hand closest to the wall so no one could actually see my skirt hitched up to one side.

He leaves my lips, and I moan at their absence. Instead, he sucks gently on my neck, making my toes curl in my boots. His hot breath caresses my neck, hovering above my carotid artery.

"I can feel your heart racing" he whispers against my skin, before leaving soft gentle kisses over the pulse.

The alcohol in my blood makes my head feel fuzzy but I know my heart is racing purely from his touch.

"It's all you" I whisper back, unashamed.

He traces his lips back up my neck and to my jaw, nibbling before he reaches my lips once again. He kisses softly, and I breathe him in, the intoxicating scent of peppermint and whiskey. Before I can up the ante, and delve into his mouth with the fever bursting inside of my chest, he pulls away.

Startled, I pull him back towards me, gripping his shirt in my fists.

He resists slightly, and I look up to find him looking down the hallway. His eyes narrowed. As if waking from a fever-induced dream, I start to hear the muffled sounds of someone running or walking?

Blaise rushes past, his eyes fierce, his lips in a tight line. He halts when he sees me, flashing his eyes at Draco before landing them back on me.

I pull away from Draco, letting his hands drop from my waist.

"What happened?" I ask Blaise.

"Harper just kissed me!" he yells above the loud music, shoving his hands up into the air.

My mouth drops open.

"What!?" I yell back, a smile growing on my face.

He clocks my smile and shakes his head, his eyes dim.

"No! She kisses me and then she pulls away and says 'I can't do this'" he yells back.

I frown at him, confused. Before I can reply, Draco tugs on my hip.

"I'm gonna go," he says awkwardly. I don't even have time to explain that Blaise won't tell anyone about us before he rushes off.

I see Harper's dark hair and small frame rush past Draco. She pauses quickly, looking at him before spying Blaise and I down the hallway, Draco doesn't give her any acknowledgment and instead he rushes past her.

I turn back towards Blaise, he runs his hands through his short hair, grasping the back of his neck before he sighs.

"Why are you running off?" I ask him.

"I can't do this anymore with her, she's tearing me apart" He says, the anger in his voice makes my heart quiver with sorrow.

Harper appears next to me.