𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

EP 7: To take a bullet

_______

Haerin's

My heart was pounding so hard. The bullet didn't even hit me but it's so close. I felt that my left ear is bleeding. the air pressure of the near miss slightly cut my ears but i am so numb because of nervousness. I can't even feel the pain. I just felt the cut.

I looked at Jake who was staring intensely on my back. I turned around seeing an unknown man, lying on the floor while bathing on his own blood. I can clearly see the gun on his hands.

Gun....?

"Who-"

Suddenly, Jake held my wrist and pulled me towards the stairs.

"What the hell is happening?"
I asked him. He just looked at me and continued to drag me upstairs. I forcefully swing his arm off me and glared at him before speaking.

"explain to me everything."
I sternly commanded him. He glared back with the same intensity.

"Don't be a brat Ms.Cha. It's none of your business."

I nearly died there and it's still none of my business? Is he dumb or something?

I snapped.

"Wow. I almost died earlier yet this is still not my business? I can't scrutinize your thinking. You are lunatic."
I said with emphasis. he clicked his tongue with annoyance.

he took out another gun from his pocket and rolled his eyes.

"the next time i point a gun at you, I'll pull the trigger. don't test me Ms. Cha."
I flinched as he pointed the gun on his left, shooting a man that suddenly appeared from the window.

He held my wrist once again, dragging me towards his room.

"Stay here. I'll tell you when to come out."

What am i feeling?

Scared?

Frustrated?

Annoyed?

I'm not a damsel in distress or a princess on the palace.

"Don't treat me like a child."
I clicked my tongue.

"Oh yeah, can you shoot the gun?"

"Of course! I also trained at shooting! It's for the business afterall."

jake smirked at me. The smirk I never like.

"Can you take a bullet?"
He gave me the desert eagle on his hand.

I was stunned.

It was too inconvenient if i must say, now that i realized the odds.

can i take a bullet?

"DON'T. TREAT. ME. LIKE. A. CHILD."
i took the gun from his hands. He took another one from his drawer.

Just how many guns does he have? It seems to be appearing out of nowhere.

"Very well then Ms. Cha, Show your abilities."
he opened the door and ran outside. I trailed on his tracks and held the gun with my two hands.

"There!!"

Countless gunshots where heard all over the house. Men continuously fell down, one after another. I was satisfied. I got drunk with the feeling of shooting them. I missed this since...