You Look Really Good In My Bed

Song: Past Life by Trevor Daniel & Selena Gomez

The soft sound of humming wakes me. My eyes slowly open, adjusting to the sun shining into Jake's bedroom. I look around, and my eyes land on Jake, dressed in a suit. He's currently fixing his tie, humming some tune.

"Good morning," his deep voice breaks me of checking him out. I look at his reflection in the mirror and see him smirking at me. Caught.

"You look really fucking good in a suit," I blurt out, then blush, making him chuckle.

"Thank you, princess." He walks over to where I'm laying in his bed, and sits next to me. "You look really fucking good in my bed." And blushing again.

"Where are you off to this morning?" I ask with a yawn, stretching my arms over my head.

When he doesn't respond, I open my eyes and see his eyes lowered onto my body. I look down and blush, again. I'm wearing only his shirt, and it's ridden up, showing off my bare lower half.

"Jake?" I giggle, waving a hand in his face. His eyes snap back to mine, and he chuckles.

"You're distracting, princess. I'm not off to anywhere just yet," he tells me, kissing me softly.

"I never got the chance to ask...how are you doing? You know, after your parents?" His smile fades, making me regret asking. "I didn't go to their funerals. I wanted to respect your wishes."

"I'm doing alright. As best as I can, I guess. I've done a lot of shit I shouldn't have, clearly you know that. I'm sorry for keeping you from seeing them one last time," he tells me, caressing my cheek. "Would you like to go visit them with me?"

I hesitate, but nod. "Yeah, I would."

"Then get dressed, beautiful." His smile is back, as he stands back up, and grabs his watch from the nightstand. He straps it onto his wrist, and a thought comes to mind.

"Speaking of shit you shouldn't have done...," I trail off, and he looks at me. "Please tell me your sheets are clean." He frowns, and even though I tried to make it a joke, I really need to know.

"I wouldn't let you sleep in the same bed, princess. It wasn't this room. Only you... only you have been in my room," he tells me, making me more curious.

"I want to ask more questions, but I don't think I can handle the answers. So, I'm gonna get dressed." I get out of his bed, but as I'm walking towards the bathroom, he grabs my wrist and pulls me into him, my back against his chest.

"I wish I could take back every single thing I did. I'm so sorry, Emma," he whispers, placing a kiss on the back of my head.

"It'll take time to forget, but I'll get there. You have some major ass kissing to do with my friends and family though," I tell him with a small laugh. I break out of his hold, and walk into the bathroom, feeling his eyes on me the whole time.

This is gonna be harder than I expected it to be. I can't stop thinking about the girls he's been with the past six months. How could I? They wouldn't let me. Knowing none of them ever stepped foot into his room though makes me feel slightly better.

I use the restroom, then brush my teeth, and throw my hair up into a messy bun. When I step out of the bathroom, Jake is sitting on the edge of his bed, his head in his hands. When he looks up at me, his eyes are red from crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I crouch down in front of him, caressing his cheeks in my hands.

"I feel like I'm losing you already. My choices in the past is making it hard for you, and I never intended for that to be the case. I honestly never thought you would come back to me. Those girls... they meant nothing to me, and I'm sure that doesn't help any. I want so badly to be able to take it back, but I can't. If it's too much for you, I understand. I won't resent you or hate you." I stare at him, surprised.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jake. Yes, it's hard. I'm still hurt from everything, but we will get through this. It will take time for me to get over all of it, but I know that I want to be with you. And I know that you want me, not them. It might not be as easy for Dani and Kira and my mom and David to accept us, but just know that I know what I'm doing and what I want. Don't let what they say or think change that, okay?" I tell him, kissing his lips softly. He nods, running a hand through his hair.

"I love you, princess," he whispers, kissing me again.

"I love you too, Jake." I smile against his lips. "Let me change, and we can go." He nods and lays back on the bed, watching me. I pull his shirt over my head, and toss it at him, so I'm completely naked.

"Fucking hell, princess. We might not be going anywhere," he groans, looking me up and down, turning me on. I giggle, and bend over, going through my duffel bag that was brought for me. "Now you're being a tease."

"Maybe," I smirk at him, pulling on underwear and a bra, then wiggling into dark wash skinny jeans.

"Your ass looks amazing in those jeans," he tells me, making me blush. I pull a cream sweater over my head, and pair the outfit with mid-calf brown boots. It's the middle of December, so it's pretty fucking cold out. Especially in New York.

"Thanks, baby," I giggle, walking over to him with my coat in my hand. "Ready?"

"Ready, princess," he responds, pushing himself up from his bed. He grabs his gun from his nightstand, and tucks it into the hostler on the back of his pants. I'm still not used to seeing him like this, as the mafia Don, but I'll get used to it over time.