𝗖𝗵. 𝟭𝟳

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘈𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘺

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘈𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘺

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

IT HADN'T BEEN LONG until the sun began to set, and Haru's mother—despite having not taken kindly to Katara's prying—kindly offered for their small group to stay within the barn near the back of her property. It wasn't much, but it was a dry and sheltered place that would suit well for a goodnight's rest, and they were all greatly appreciative of the kindness of her offer... especially Appa, who was enjoying himself with a nice stack of hay.

          Elua was crouched on the ground in the barn, hovering over a small basket of fruits that she had luckily found right before the market closed for the night, obtaining just enough for all of them to have something for dinner before bed as she, nor any of the others, had much of a want to eat rocks.

          "Excuse me?" Elua looked up at the sound of Haru's voice, finding him to be standing in front of where she was crouched down, looking at her nervously, "I just wanted to apologize for what I said about your nation," he spoke in a sincere tone. It made Elua frown and try to place a moment when he had said anything at all about the Air Nomads, monks, nuns, or even just airbenders but she couldn't find a single thing.

          Within a few seconds, it hit her what he must have thought, "Oh! I'm not from the Fire Nation," Elua chuckled as she came to stand back and offer him a small smile.

          "The colonies, then? Either way..." Haru trailed off with a sigh, "I'm sorry."

          Elua laughed at his words, making him frown in confusion, "No, no. As a whole, I am not from the Fire Nation, nor the colonies... at all," she chuckled. "My brother and I are Air nomads," she explained with a kind smile, and as soon he heard those words, his eyes lit up and he too let out a chuckle at the confusion.

          "Wait..." Haru frowned as he trailed off, "You firebent back in the shop. Are you the Avatar?" he asked, his mouth agape in shock, gasping at his newly found false discovery.

          "No," Elua chuckled with a shake of her head, watching as his expression fell before she continued on, "I'm just an Airbender. I controlled the fire by bending the oxygen within it, and–" she cut herself off as soon as she saw the confused look that teenager was giving her and sighed, "It's complicated."

          Haru chuckled awkwardly, "Right..." he trailed off in confusion, "I should probably be getting back now. It was nice to meet you...?" he trailed off once again, realizing that he had never gotten her name, but she didn't mind and gladly gave him the answer that he was looking for.

          "Elua."

          He smiled at her kindly before he spoke, "It was nice to meet you, Elua," and with that, Haru turned around, and began to make his way silently out of the barn.