3.

MISUMI SHINYYA

I can feel all eyes on me as I walk with the twins towards their table. My anxiety slowly kicks in and my grip on Osamu's arm tightened as I pushed myself closer to him without noticing.

"Don't mind them." I heard Osamu say, making me look up as he gave me a small smile. His left hand reached out to the top of my head and ruffled my hair; one gesture that he always does to make me feel reassured.

I relaxed and nodded, seeing some boys waving at us. Upon arriving, a muscular, dark-skinned male studied me for a second before turning to Osamu.

"Your girlfriend?" He asked, in a whisper.

"Nah—"

"Our childhood friend!" Atsumu interrupted with a cheerful smile.

The guy from earlier formed his mouth into an 'o' shape and nodded before laying out his large hand infront of me.

"Ojiro Aran, a third-year and the ace of the team, nice to meet you." He smiled.

"Misumi Shinyya," I replied, shaking his hand with a smile. "Nice to meet you too uhh—"

"You can call me Aran."

"Right, Aran-san."

"Anywaaaayy!" Atsumu interrupts once again. "Kita-san, can she eat with us from now on?"

The other boy who had greyish-white hair and black at it's tips and also someone who seemed to show authority, named Kita, nodded and sent me a calm smile.

"Sure." He replied, "Hello, Misumi-san, I'm Kita Shinsuke, a third year and the captain of the team."

Captain...no wonder he had this authoritative aura.

"Nice to meet you, Kita-san," I smiled back, "you can all call me Shinyya by the way."

Kita nodded and gestured for me to sit down beside Osamu as I did. Then beside me, Suna was about to take his seat when suddenly Atsumu pulled him by the back of his collar and replaced him, making Suna jerk back with an annoyed face.

"Ah~ Suna, you can take the seat across Shin-chan." Atsumu said.

Hearing Suna sigh heavily, he walked around the table without complaints and settled in the seat across from me.

"Life is not daijoubou." I heard him mutter to himself.

Poor boy. I thought and snapped back to reality when this time, their smaller teammate started introducing himself.

"Hi Shinyya-chan!" The spiky-haired guy beamed. "I'm Akagi Michinari! Libero of the team, nice to meet you!"

After recognizing everyone in the table; Ginjima Hitoshi, a second year, Oomimi Ren, a third year, Akagi-san, Kita-san, Aran-san, Suna-san, 'Tsumu, and the better twin, we all started eating lunch.

I was pretty nervous at first, after being isolated from people for two years, I'm finally back in the real world. But as I spent an hour with the twins' teammates, I just somehow felt like they're people I can rely on.

Though my reason why I fought to be alive right now is not to interact with people; it's to fulfill the dreams my parents and bandmates wanted for me.

Luckily, I have the twins who treated me like their own younger sister. Atsumu may be too over-protective but I understand his intentions and I'd never ask for a better friend. Osamu, well, he can be over-protective like 'Tsumu when he wants too, but he knew that there are some things I want to do on my own without 'Tsumu's consent; it resulted into him sneaking me out of my bedroom at night back in the days.

Mentally chuckling at the memory, I let out a heavy sigh as my eyes landed on the violin case under the table. Everytime I look at it, pictures of my dead bandmates' body laying in their own pool of blood flashes in my mind.

It just makes it harder for me to continue pursuing my musician dream.

It'll never stop, it never did ever since I got out of recovery for two years. I just had to lie that I was finally emotionally stable, I just had to pretend that I can finally sleep peacefully just to get out of therapy and to finally start anew for them.

A certain night and a certain day will forever hunt me, but I'd fight through my nightmares if it means getting me to my dream.

"You're crying."

A bored-sounding voice spoke from across me, making me look up as I met Suna's greyish-yellow eyes, exhausted looking as ever.

"Was I?" I chuckled, not realizing that tears were spilling out of my eyes. Luckily the twins were busy in their own conversation that they didn't see me like this, if they did then they wouldn't stop bothering me about it.

But Suna, someone I just met today, seeing me cry? How embarrassing.

He continued staring at me, when suddenly his sharp gaze started making me feel uncomfortable. I stood from my seat, catching the twins' attentions as they faced me with worry.

"What's wrong Shin-chan?" Atsumu asked.

"I...um, need to go to the restroom..." I muttered, trying my best to smile.

"Wait you need 'Samu or I to go with—"

"I'll go with her." Osamu stood up, facing at his brother as Atsumu nodded in approval. Then he took my hand and lead me to the restroom.

I quickly leaned on the door, not bothering to enter the restroom as I let myself calm down. Thinking of happy thought and happy times to push those depressing and traumatizing memories away, I massaged my temples as a way to ease myself.

"Flashbacks again?" Osamu said.

I nodded and slowly breathed in and out.

"You didn't sleep again, didn't you?"

I shook my head.

"Your makeup's ruined." He pointed out.

I jolted up, rummaging through my bag for my mirror and brought it out, bringing it up to my face. My face was a mess as mascara ran down my cheeks along with tears, exposing the dark shade underneath my eyes; a result of not being able to sleep well in years.

"You lied to your therapist, didn't you?"

With an exhausted sigh, I nodded.

"You shouldn't have done that."

"I'm completely fine, 'Samu." I said. "The only problem with me are the nightmares and flashbacks...they don't seem to leave my mind anytime soon."

The grey-haired boy didn't reply as he stepped nearer to me and engulfed me in a hug, swaying my small body side to side. I let my head lay on his chest as I regained myself, hearing him mutter about food and it's heaven-ness that seemed to bring me back to reality.

I let out a chuckle, hearing him chuckle too as I broke away from the hug.

"Clean your face, you look ugly." He snorted.

"Shut up, you pig." I rolled my eyes, wiping the remaining tears left on my cheeks.

"You should be at the gym with us or 'Tsumu won't start practice since he'll obviously be worrying about you."

"I know, I know."

"But don't worry." Osamu smirked. "I'll help you sneak inside the music room behind 'Tsumu's back if you really want to. I know how much music means to you compared to that piss head."