#67 You're always going to be damaged

"Now that you've eaten it's time for desert but not in the way you think. Inside this envelope is a small key to my aunts boutique, she sells the finest underwear and I've set up a tab. Liv try some on and have Liam pick out his favorite. Make sure you lock up the store whenever you leave."

This one was definitely Jordans idea and I could feel my cheeks heating up just from the thought of Olivia in underwear and having to look at them and pass comments. She'll literally look good in everything and I'll feel like a pervert. I threw my hands over my face trying to hide my embarrassment.

"I don't think I can do that." I admitted as I peeked my eyes out of the slits between my fingers.

"Lets go." She mouthed with amusement.

*** 

I felt like I was walking around with a heat pad glued to my face and my hands visibly shook as I turned the key in the lock. She sat down a circular stool and flicked her shoes off but I kept my head bowed down to the floor refusing to make eye contact with anything other than the little red and green triangle pattern in the carpet. 

"You okay?" She asked with concern.

No Liv, I'm freaking out. I feel so embarrassed right now and I can't shake off the heart palpitations. What if she looks so good that I lose control and end up fucking her like I did the others? What if I am just too shy to comment on anything and she leaves the store with period panties and a sports bra? 

Get a grip Liam, it's just underwear.

"How can you be so cool about this?" I asked, genuinely fishing for some hints or tips. 

"I don't know, when you get drunk, strip down to your underwear, throw yourself at someone and try to proposition them for sex this doesn't really seem that big of a deal. What's your favorite colour." 

"Red." I said pushing through my cowardliness and meeting her eye contact for the first time since we arrived here.

"Okay, we'll start there." She walked over to the red panties and started browsing through them. I stood awkwardly hugging myself but my eyes scanned the room which was separated by the different coloured garments.

"No. I like green. To match your eyes." I nodded towards the green section and watched as she walked over to look through the racks. I had my eye on a set and got disappointed every time her hand didn't pick it up. Instead she selected a few sets in different shades of green.

"And this." I finally plucked up the courage to pick up a set and hand it to her. She didn't say anything she just took it from me.

"And this." I picked up another and another and another as my confidence grew.

"Wow, you sure did succumb to the dark side fast enough." She teased and I just threw her a deadpan stare that told her to be quiet.

***

I sat outside the fitting room using angry birds to distract my nerves. Olivia had been changing for a long time and I began to wonder if she was ever coming out. 

"I'm ready." I heard her call. I closed down the application mid game and looked up at the curtain that still remained closed. I walked over to the fitting room she was hiding inside and waited for a few seconds before asking her if she was coming out.

The suspense that built up between us made my palms sweat, my breath quicken and my heart race. Silence followed my question and the curtain made no effort to move.

"It's a little.... unnerving." she admitted in a shy voice.

"It's unnerving for me too." I admitted.