Judged

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis

After I was left alone in the kitchen lying in the puddle of coffee that had grown cold and sticky, I raised myself off the floor and put my hands on the marble island and shakily rose to my feet, being extra careful so I wouldn't slip and injure myself further.
"Artemis are you okay?" Caroline asked in obvious concern.

I coughed and placed a hand on my rib where my father kicked me with his boots. It hurt to breathe and it hurt to talk.
"I'm fine Caroline," I said to her. "Nothing major, just a few kicks here and there."

Caroline whined and scratched at the barrier that separated us, begging to be released to speed up my healing. I took a step forward and immediately flinched. As a result of me being in an immobile position for too long, the circulation in my legs had come to a standstill, the needlelike sensation made it hard to walk.

I kicked at the air several times before the numbness vanished and I could walk properly. I limped out of the kitchen and to the janitor's closet down the hall where I retrieved a mop, a broom and detergents. First I would clean the kitchen- again. Then the Alpha's chambers, which was on the third floor of the packhouse. 

I mopped the coffee away, sprayed detergent and repeated the process. When the floors were cleaned, I wiped the countertops, cleared the dishes and opened the windows allowing the crisp fall air to waft through and into the kitchen. I rubbed my hands on my sweater which was now damp with coffee, not to mention my jeans and my hair.

I groaned and threaded upstairs to my room to shower and change into something clean. At least I wouldn't smell like coffee and sweat anymore. After my shower, I changed into an old floral summer dress that was once used for family gatherings. It was torn and stained,  making it look ugly and unwanted.
Just like the girl wearing it.

I brushed my hair and tied it in a messy bun atop my head. Not bothering with perfume or makeup, I slipped on my sandals which were thankfully dry and left the attic. Now back in the kitchen, I gathered the cleaning items and headed upstairs to clean the Alpha's chambers.

The walk up the steps were excruciatingly painful as my bruises weren't quite healed yet and walking proved to be harder than I had anticipated. Finally I made it to the third floor and walked to the door marked Alpha's Chambers and lightly rapped on the polished mahogany wood.

"Come in," a gruff voice called for me to enter.
I turned the handle and stepped into the luxurious room, painted a dark grey with a thick snow white carpet, a mini dining room with a round table, atop it were several pieces of priceless china. Around the corner was the bedroom and adjoining bathroom.

A balcony complete with a jacuzzi and deck chairs made up the Alpha's Chambers. Designed by the best interior designers in Romania. Seated on the plush sofa in the bedroom were my parents. Their faces were grim as they sat there, glaring at me as if I were an infectious disease or a deficiency of some sort.

It saddened me sometimes to know that these are the people who gave birth to me, although I usually never let my emotions show around them, it made me sad all the same.

"Alpha, Luna, I have come to clean the Alpha's chambers," I said bowing slightly. My father sighed disgustedly and got up off the sofa, offering my mother a help up.
"Such a gentleman," she said giggling.
"Hah gentleman? More like pigletman," Caroline said scornfully.