(Chapter 30) It's A New Day, It's A New Dawn

Y/n P.O.V

"That conniving rat" I shout. "How long?"

"Since you and Lucinda had your first date, after they ran off, Gene told Laurence that he had a plan to get you away from Lucinda and the next day Laurence said he'd help. I'm sorry" Sasha says sincerely.

We all sit there in silence for a few moments till Zane breaks the tension. "So what's the plan?"

"Well, what exactly happened with Gene's big plan?" I ask.

"He's wanted to make you solely dependent on Lucinda and then make you lose faith in her so you'd come back to him" Sasha says.

"So who's he got to" I say, worried.

"Aphmau, Garroth and Kawaii-Chan. Which subsequently takes out your family, Aaron and Katelyn"

"Well it's a good thing his plan didn't work" Zane says.

"What do you mean" We both ask.

"I told Kawaii-Chan, everything. She's gonna act like it worked so we can't go to her but just know that she's still with us" He says confidently. I just smile at him making him blush.

"So what are we going to do?" Sasha ask.

"Well, Gene wants to take everything away from me. Guess we'll just have to take everything away from him"

"And how are we gonna do that?" Sasha asks.

"We're gonna take down the shadow knights" I say with confidence.

"Okay, feeling like a broken record here. How are we gonna do that?" Sasha asks again.

"Well" I say, then look towards Zane. "How goods your tagging skills?"

Lucinda P.O.V

"Thanks Katelyn" I say as we reach the school.

"For what, I just walked with you to school, I know how boring Monday mornings can be" She jokes.

"No I mean for giving me another chance. We haven't always seen eye to eye but I appreciate you making the effort"

"Well in all honesty I only really did it for Y/n's sake. But I'm glad I did, I missed being friends with you" She retorts.

"Same" I say back as we make it up the last few steps to see a nervous looking Kawaii-Chan pacing in front of the fountain. She peeks her head up and her worried eyes lock onto us. She quickly rushes over.

"I think Y/n's in trouble" She spits out.

"What?!!?!" I shout instinctively. "What happened?"

"Okay both of you calm down" Katelyn interrupts. "Kawaii-Chan, explain"

"Zane-Chan told Kawaii-Chan that Gene-Chan was trying to turn all of Y/n-Senpai's friends against her but that Zane-Chan had a plan and all Zane-Chan needed Kawaii-Chan to do was act like Kawaii-Chan and Y/n-Senpai weren't friends anymore. But now Kawaii-Chan is really worried for Y/n-Senpai. Kawaii-Chan thinks Y/n-Senpai is going to do something stupid and reckless" Kawaii-Chan blurts out.

"What do we do?" Katelyn asks.

I take a deep breath in and do my best to verbalize my thoughts. "Whatever Y/n is planning is going to have to wait. I don't want Gene anywhere near her, so we find him and" I say.

"And?" Kawaii-Chan and Katelyn both say with worry behind their eyes.

"And we, convince, him to stay away from Y/n"

"I think we can help with that"

Y/n P.O.V

"You almost done?" Zane shouts.