Waking up

"Ah." Roderick clasped his head as bells clanked within his brain. "Phack." He grabbed his hair, making sure his head was still attached to his body.

"Glad to see you're awake." Roderick looks over to see Chris sitting on a rock, his blue jacket off and his top button undone on his ruffled shirt.

He sat up and looked around, seeing they were just outside a cave, "What the?" Roderick stood up, slowly, as his joints ached from falling. He looked up from where they fell, "How did we not die?" 

Chris drank from his tin cup, not saying anything. Lying in the shade.

"Where did you get that cup?"

"Something broke our fall." Chris placed his cup down, "Or rather, someone."

"What?" 

Chris then pointed towards the dark cave, "She's in there, sleeping."

"She?"

Chris' countenance held confusion and confliction, "It's all very complicated." 

"Stop brooding and just tell me." Roderick sat on a rock opposite it. Dusting his pants as they were covered in dirt.

"She's a dragon."

"..."

"What?" Roderick asked.

"Apparently dragons are shapeshifters, they have a human form." Chris sighed, clearly tired from their excursion 

"Ahh, I see your friend is up." An unfamiliar voice emerged.

Both men turned their heads to see a fiery red-headed woman sauntering over to them, hair cascading down to her breasts; she was naked.

"AHH!" Roderick flipped and stumbled backwards. Falling off his rock and doing a backwards roll, "Why are you naked?" He covered his eyes.

"I though I gave you my coat for you to cover up." Chris said, less startled, but avoiding looking at her.

"Oh, you humans and your weird prudishness, there's nothing inherently sexual about the human body, it's only because you have lustful and perverse thoughts about it that makes you uncomfortable."

"I'm gay!" Roderick shrieked and threw his green coat on, "Now button up!"

"Fine..." She rolled her eyes and dressed herself, "You should be grateful I saved your life, though."

"T-thank you." Roderick faced outwards, not trusting this woman to be fully clothed yet.

The woman huffed humourously, "Well, now that your friend is up, I guess you can be on your way, and I presume you would want to leave with your jacket." She threw his jacket back at him, covering his face. Turning towards the cave.

"If you may, miss," Chris started, "The sun is setting, it would be more practical for us to leave at dawn."

The woman looked up to see the sun setting, "Fine, but I need to go out to get some food, try not to die." 

Roderick removed his coat covering his head and saw the bare backside of the woman turn into red scales and flew off, "What the fuck!" Roderick once again tripped over his feet and fell.

"I told you."

"What the-" He pointed at where she flew away, "What the fuck! What even is this world! Ah, I hate it here, I just want to go back home..."

"And we will, tomorrow." 

Roderick looked at Chris and sighed in defeat, "Did she tell you anything?"