Chapter Seventeen-

SORRY FOR THE SUPER  LATE UPDATE!!!
PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, PROMOTE AND FOLLOW!!

XOXO,
LOSALINI

17/01/15 (written) (-_-)

____________________

It's been one week, two days, seven hours and fifty two minutes since Daemon commented on my relationship with Jesse. Three days, two hours and seven minutes since he last smiled at me. And a record-breaking two minutes and two seconds since he last threw a disappointed frown aimed specifically me.

In comparison, it's been one week, one day and twelve hours since Jesse complimented me or said anything remotely nice when not in front of a live audience, the last being in his car that day. Three minutes since he placed a kiss on my cheek. And an unsurprising three seconds since he last placed a finger on me as he took a swig of his energy drink.

That last one was distasteful at best and made me feel the need to connect my fist with his nose, but then again, Daemon was watching, and he was the sole reason for this outrageous charade.

For the past week and a handful of days everything seemed calm. My relationship with Jesse was going along well publicly, whereas privately I was surprised that Jesse wasn't sporting a black eye or a decapacitated finger.

'Just for practice,' or 'What if someone sees?' were his excuses when he placed an arm on my shoulder whenever we were out in public. Sometimes he'd still keep the charade going even in front of Jenny, although it wasn't as bad as when we were around other people.

I'd volunteered the idea of us telling his twin and my friend the truth but he'd shut it down as soon as the words left my mouth.

"She's the gossip hotline, candy cane," he'd simply said.

The talk of our relationship had died down but not nonexistent. Half the female population still shot me a murderous glare when I walked down the hallway. If looks could kill, I'd be a massacered, unrecognizable meat bag, left rotting down the old well in Guver's Lane. The other half of the female population was still pining over my best friend, including me.

Daemon had changed girls faster then a girl changes tampon when she was on her period.

Gosh, why the hell did I just put Daemon and tampons in the same sentence?

A new airhead was currently occupying his lap, a smug smile on her face as if she was the lucky cat that got the last drop of the cream. The cream being Daemon Matthews, the guy who hadn't even talked to me about anything relating to his cryptic words the other day.

I felt Jesse's fingers bite into my skin, forcing me from my stare fest of the flirting gag session happenning across from me.

My face reddenned as I felt Jesse's face lean in and his hot breath fan across my face.

"Stop looking so damn envious, Marie!" He whispered harshly. My face reddened even more this time, though not in a good way.

"Stop imprinting my skin with your claws, asshole!" I snapped back, forcing a smile on my face for show.

"I will once you play your part properly, mistletoe," his eyes darkened to a glare momentarily before his sweet, alluring smile came back on. He leaned in even more, daring me to flinch back and give up our entire facade.

I held my ground, although I was ready to stomp on his feet and slap his face if he did more than a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Marie..." His face was now a breath away and if one of us moved slightly I will have lost my first kiss. His eyes were on me the entire time, a green so dark it made the grass envious. A slight crease on his forehead as if he was unsure of what to do now. "I need you to stop looking like I'm the Devil."