Chapter 14

Red

The woman was vicious, cruel and rude, she had no ounce of humanity or feelings. The whole time I was here, she taunted and insulted me. My mind raced—searching for a solution for all this. The woman was willing to let me go only if I agreed to her demands that was coming to her after giving birth to the child growing inside me.

After a long moment of silence, I said to her, "Let Lisa go and leave Luciano out of all of this—I will kill everyone else you need me to kill," Of course none of that was going to happen.

The woman let out a peal of laughter, her teeth shining as she threw her head back, "I will be keeping her hostage until the birth of your child. Once you return back here, I will release her and promise no harm. As for the king, I'm sorry, but we will have to kill him someday."

"I won't kill him,"

"Yes, you will."

"Force me all you want but I will never harm Luciano or anyone around him,"

"We will see about that," the woman raised her head to the other women and said, "Undo her chains and release her,"

For the first time here, I smiled with excitement, actually smiled but as soon as the chains were off my body and I got up to jolt out of here, the woman lifted her finger and did something to me that forced me back on my knees.

"Remember my agreement. My witches will be around the castle at all times and once you have given birth, you will come to me. If you don't I will take you," She warned me.

I was never going to come back. Once I could make my way out of here, I could ask Luciano to protect me and he'd do it without a single thought. He'd let no harm come to me or our baby.

"And just before you leave, there is someone that wants to talk to you so stay down," she said before walking away with the other women.

Silence spread across the cellar and I waited. I believed it was going to be Lisa but to my surprise, it wasn't her, instead, it was Charlotte. Anger coursed through me immediately and I tried to get up but I couldn't, not unless that witch wanted me to do it.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, look where you are now." She said, shaking her head in disappointment and standing above me. When she leaned down, she asked, "So you tried to kill me?"

"I'm sorry," I said, gritting my teeth together. "I wasn't in my senses then,"

"And, right now, I'm not." She flashed a knife in front of me before pushing it inside my shoulder, forcing a vicious scream out of my lips. "That's right, scream bitch. Where is your magic now, whore?" She drew the knife deeper inside my shoulder and I fell on the ground, winching at the sharp edge digging in my flesh.

"Stop, please, I'm sorry," I murmured.

When Charlotte pulled out the knife from my shoulder, I screamed again, thrashing my arms and stopping her from doing anything else. She sat beside me, slowly shaking her head and extending her hand to my crimson locks. She grabbed them and dragged me across the cold ground. Pain erupted in my scalp with her hold.

Her head dropped beside my ears and she whispered, "Watch how I will ruin your entire existence, starting with taking Luciano away from you and then everything else. You will be released from here but I will never stop tormenting you for what all you had done to me."

"Char—"

She slapped me before I could say anything to her, "Don't take my name with your filthy mouth,"

My head slammed against the ground repeatedly and I felt my vision blur. Her hands reached to my neck and she ripped away the diamond Luciano had given me after our marriage.

"I'm going to keep that," she mumbled, pushing it inside her pocket. "And, Luciano as well but that's for later."

I screamed and pleaded for her to stop hitting me but she didn't. She grinned like a manic and then stood up once she was satisfied. I remained quiet, watching and waiting for all this to be over. I didn't know if I was going to survive all this. The atmosphere surrounding around us thickened with tension. Charlotte gazed at me for a whole moment and then kicked me in the stomach before I even had a chance to cover it up.

I howled in pure pain. Not my child. Not my child.

"Please," I whimpered, "I'm sorry,"

"Your sorry's don't make a difference. Good luck with giving birth. Oh, I hope you die. You were worthless before and you're worthless now." She kicked my stomach again and I clenched hard, my fists curling with anger and agony.

Before she went away, she spat on my face and called me a few more things but I was no longer conscious to hear what she was blabbering, I was lost, in my own darkness that relieved from all the pain that was going through me. 

Read the full book on patreon quicker + 3rd book! www.patreon.com/miakerr