56: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Benjamin was more than ready to continue on this kind of life. Walking through the borders and hiding. Him and Kaliese does not mind that kind of life. It is a far better life than being controlled and betrayed inside the Empire.

However, a part of them knows that this peace will not be forever. That part are the seals on their body.

Benjamin remembered the first night he woke up screaming. He had a nightmare, but he could not remember what it was. He thought of just putting it aside, however Kaleise also had the same unknown nightmare.

The uncertainty and the unknown enemy that is shadowing their hearts made them both unstable.

They are individuals that is different in terms of principle and attitude, however they are the same when it comes to the things they want for the future and obsessiveness towards the other.

The brewing uncertainty due to their nightmares and anxiety made their relationship that have a shallow foundation have cracks.

They started fighting out of nowhere about the simplest things. Moreover, Kaleise had became more sensitive and demanding that made Benjamin be pushed to his edge.

There are times he is more than willing to bow down and tried to calm things down and asked Kaleise what she wants and how she wants it.

However, that only males her more aggravated and lashed out onto him more. When it happens, the wolves surrounded her and won't even let Benjamin come near her.

Benjamin felt unfairness, but he is the one that steps back and patiently wait for her.

However, Benjamin at that time did not know that waiting and letting the problem brew longer at their atmosphere made Kaleise felt worse.

It was Kaleise's first time and did not know how to maintain the chemical imbalances that is happening to her. Moreover the seals are acting up and telling her to go back to the Empire.

She thinks that Benjamin and her should stealthily go back so that the seals will give them a peace of mind, however, a blossoming instinct inside of her is telling her that is not a good idea either.

Kaleise decided to leave with the wolves with a letter urging Benjamin to go back to the Empire.

Benjamin was left alone in the forest. He searched for the missing woman like a madman. However, the wolves erased every steps they took so that they came escape from him.

"I was desperately looking for her, and then I smelled her familiar scent on that town and to think that it was Kaleid."

"Why don't you stop talking to yourself and start moving those fingers?"

Leo's voice can be heard from the close door.

Benjamin let out a chuckle.

"Yes, yes, why everyone is such a sadist?"

....

Night has fallen.

Benjamin is feeling some uncertainty and anxiety. The King of Spade should had been back to Spade and reported back to him.

When sun start setting, Benjamin thought that the king decided to have a quality time with his only blood relative in his castle, his daughter. However it is already quite late, and normally, Kaleid, the Spadian King's best steward should had contacted Benjamin regarding that his master decision to ignore Benjamin to spend more time with his daughter.

However there is nothing.

"Leo." Benjamin called the knight that is always outside of his office.