Chapter 46

I was inside the private jet of the Empire's ready to leave to France. Mr. Anderson didn't give me lot of details other than Marcus was in great pain. And that was enough for me to stop everything and run back to him.

I told Sarah that I would be leaving and she said that she would handle everything in the event. My dad was mad but I cared less. I couldn't bear the thought of something happening to Marcus.

I know he slapped me I know he humiliated me but if he regretted it that's what mattered. If he truly felt sorry I'm willing to give a second chance to heal our relationship.

I know my family would consider me as a weak girl but holding grudges won't benefit either of us. If he apologizes and tries his best to keep this relationship going I would consider forgiving him. And it was also my fault in bringing his mother. I'm also willing to ask for his forgiveness if both of us feel the same.

After a long flight we finally landed in Lyon. The driver drove us through a long winding path leading to a mansion built in Colossal structure that loomed behind the iron gates embedded with vines sprouting light pink roses. Behind the vast estate flows the river saône disrupting the eerie silence of the surrounding bewitching me with each passing second.

A butler opened my door and I got out while gaping at the captivating sight before me. But I was suddenly pulled out of my trance as I heard an ear piercing scream.

I looked at Mr. Anderson in alarm and he ran inside the mansion. I followed behind him and saw two women dressed in nurse uniform jogging down the stairs in a hurry. One nurse with an auburn hair held a knife covered in blood in her hand.

Behind them I saw a few men in suits close a huge mahogany door as an old man in a doctor coat came out looking equally startled. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. What the hell was happening here?

"Mr. Anderson he's getting worse" The doctor spoke in a rich french accent as he hurried down the stairs.

"What is happening?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Mr. Dupont what's going on?" Carlton asked the doctor with panic lacing his voice.

"Mr. Anderson, Marcus tried to cut his hand saying he used it to slap his wife"

"WHAT?" I shouted in horror.

"Um...Miss may I know who you are?" The doctor asked me with his eye brows raised in confusion.

"I-i'm"

"She's his wife" Carlton spoke for me.

"Let me go to Marcus" I started running towards the stairs but the doctor stopped me.

"Mrs. Anderson stop! Marcus is not in a good state. He thinks he will hurt everyone. Specially you"

"I want to go please" I begged, tears falling down my face. 

"Let's have a talk before I let you go" The doctor gestured for me to follow him and unwillingly I walked behind him and sat on the large sofa in the middle.

"Please tell me what's going on" I tried wiping away my tears but they wouldn't stop.

"First of all I'm sorry for all the things I said about you Camilla" Carlton spoke as he sat down next to the doctor.

"I know I shouldn't have decided on a divorce for you two. And I also wanted to thank you for not proceeding with it because Marcus can't live without you. Camilla I'm deeply ashamed of the things I said to your father. Please forgive me"

"It's okay Mr. Anderson. Can you please tell me about Marcus? How is he?"

The doctor sighed loudly and started to speak. "Marcus had a mental breakdown after he saw your lifelessly body. He thinks he did it. He thinks he's just like his mother. I treated him when he was a little boy but it's much worse now. All these years he saw nightmares of his mother but now he sees your body covered in blood over and over, every night. He calls your name each night and cries like the little boy he was. He hides himself in the corner and mumble that he will hurt you just like how his mother did to him. And today we got it out of our hands and he tried to hurt himself. Mrs. Anderson you are the only one who can help him. You are the only one who can show him that he is not alone. Please help us"