Panic! At The Putt Putt

(episode 8.) Panic! At The Putt Putt
     "You know, that guy seemed familiar."

"Junior year was almost over, and after months of test prep, we were more than ready to take the SATs

"Junior year was almost over, and after months of test prep, we were more than ready to take the SATs. But Katie still wanted to squeeze in every second of studying she could."

"Neurotic," meaning obsessive or tense and anxious." I said as Katie held a flash card in front of me. "Hmm. My sister's all-consuming focus on the SATs is what one might call...neurotic."

"Yeah, good. Next word." Katie said before going to grab another flash card, this time holding it up for Alexa.

"Amiable," meaning friendly. Uh, from the first minute I met Spencer, I found him amiable." Alexa said with a sad face. Alexa and Spencer hadn't talked since Alexa rejected him and it was really starting to upset Alexa. "Even if he hasn't talked to me since he left my house that night. I get it. He was hurt. But it doesn't mean he's not a sweet, amiable guy."

"Hey, I know this hasn't been easy for you, but, um... I really have "amiable" locked in now." Katie told Alexa. "He never responded to your texts?"

"None of them, and it's been a month."

"I guess if he wants to be more than friends and you don't... he's gonna need a little space." I told her.

"I know, but yesterday he posted a picture of his hair growing back. It's hard not being in his life for these big moments."

"Well, hey, he'll come around, okay? After all, he is amiable." Right after I said that Mom walked in the front door.

"Hey, girls." Mom greeted. We all gave her grunts of acknowledgment.

"Next word." Katie said before we heard barking outside.

"How long has Potato been trying to get in?" Mom asked as she walked over to the back door.

"Oh, "egregious." Oh, I got this." Katie said as Alexa held up the card for her.

"What's going on with this stupid door?" Mom asked as she tried to push the sliding door open but it wouldn't budge.

"Egregious," meaning not...gregious?"

"Extremely bad."

"Agh, i know, i know. I'm so doomed!" Katie said thinking Alexa was talking about her.

"No, that's the definition of egregious." I said and Katie just glared at me.

"Oh yeah, don't use that door, it's stuck." Katie told Mom when she finally noticed her struggling with the sliding door.

"Oh, is it?"