toni braxton and a sleepover

Lauren loves weekends. It gives her a chance to take care of herself as well as taking care of the things she doesn't really have time to take care of when she's working.

Right now, she's listening to Toni Braxton and grading tests while drinking a glass of wine. At least until someones knocks at her door.

She stands up to open the door and immediately smiles as she locks eyes with Alma.

"Hello."

"Hi. Come in." She lets her enter and follows her. "I wasn't expecting you today."

"Am I bothering you?"

"No, not at all."

"Sorry my sister is really getting on my nerves with this whole terrible two's thing and I just needed to get out if this house. Also my stepdad took my phone yesterday so if you texted me and I didn't answer, that's why."

"That's a lot. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Did you text me?"

"I did, actually." Lauren says, sitting back down in front of her papers as Alma sits on the counter as usual. "I wanted to ask you to come by today or tomorrow. Why did he take your phone?"

"Long story. I talked back to my mom. Well, I had a point and he didn't like it. You know, boomers."

"Oh, yeah, I know. Do you want something?"

"No, I'm good." Alma says, letting her backpack fall at her feet. "Actually... I could use a hug."

Lauren smiles as she stands up and hugs her tight, leaving a soft kiss on her neck.

"What are you doing?" Alma asks pointing at the papers spread on the counter.

"Grading your tests."

"Ooh, can I see?"

"No. I'm done anyways. What do you wanna do?" Lauren asks as she puts her paper back in her file and puts them away.

"I have no idea honestly I jusy came here to escape my house and... Be with you. You make me calm."

"Okay well... Do you wanna sleep over tonight?" Lauren asks, unsure of herself and she can tell by the look on Alma's face that she's a little bit surprised.

"Sure. I'd love that actually."

"Okay, well... I already made dinner so is homemade pizzas okay with you?"

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine don't worry. You like Toni Braxton?"

"Yeah, I like her a lot. I used to listen to her with my grandma when I was younger so... Yeah, I like her. You can change the playlist if you want to, though."

"No, it's cool. I like Toni Braxton." Alma grins and Lauren just stands there, looking at her.

They stay in the kitchen for a while just talking and getting to know each other more and more, until Lauren has to put the pizzas in the oven.

"Can I have some wine too?" Alma asks, and Lauren shakes her head. "Come on, it's not as if I was sixteen or something. I'm an adult."

"You're underage!"

"You're barely even legal enough to buy alcohol!"

Lauren sighs.

"You can have one glass." She says, taking a glass and filling it with wine to give it to her.

"Thank you!" Alma beams, and Lauren rolls her eyes with a smirk.

She watches as the girl takes a sip and it hits her, how insanely beautiful Alma is.

Her curly blonde hair, her bright blue eyes and her pink lips. Everything about her is breathtaking.

She's breathtaking.

"Why are you staring?"

"Because you're pretty, Jeez, no need to be offended." Lauren jokes and Alma chuckles.

"I'm not offended. You're gorgeous. And... Intimidating."

"I'm intimidating?" Lauren asks. "I'm not intimidating."

"Girl, go look in a mirror and stare into your eyes. You'll realize how scary you look."

"I'm a sweetheart!" Lauren says, falsely offended, making Alma giggles.

"Yeah well I had to actually get to know you to find that out."

"I'm not scary. I refuse to believe that. Come on, dinner's ready."

Their dinner is full of joy, laughter and jokes. Also a little bit of flirting, but that's not unusual.

When they're done eating, they enjoy each other's company on the couch with a soft playlist as a background noise.

Lauren is sitting with her back on the armrest and Alma is facing her as they're holding hands, Lauren playing with Alma's fingers.

As they run out of things to talk about, they look at each other in complete silence for a few minutes until Lauren sits up a little, which leads Alma to do the same as their hands remain intertwined.

So Lauren uses it to pull her close, and Alma laughs as the Latina's lips fall onto her own, making both of their stomach twist and turn. Feeling the kiss getting a little deeper, Alma chases the nervousness of being so close to Lauren away to put her hand on her right cheek as they pull away for air.

It only takes a look in each other's eyes for them to kiss again, Alma straightening her legs to allow Lauren on top of her.

And the older girl gets the message, because that's exactly what she does. She rests her left hand on Alma's left side and pulls away to silently ask for a permission. Alma slowly nods with a smile, so Lauren's hand slowly slides under her hoodie to rest on her stomach for a few seconds.

Feeling exactly where this is going, Alma grows a little nervous, so she slowly pulls away to breathe.

"Are you okay?" Lauren says, and Alma nods.

"I'm just... I've never done this before."

Lauren stops in her tracks and looks at her.

"We don't have to do it if you don't want to."

Lauren is taken aback by Alma's confession because not only is she kissing her nineteen year old student on her own couch, but now she learns that Alma's a virgin? That's a lot.

"No, I want to." Alma says fast, putting her hand on Lauren's hand that's under her hoodie so she doesn't put it away. "I just don't know what I'm doing. But I want to."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. I'm completely sure."

Lauren softly kisses her as she gets up, and takes her hand to pull her up. Alma knows what she's doing, and she smirks as they start walking up the stairs.