Losses

Dave in the MM☝🏽

Okay so boom ❗️ i decided to pop out today ive been debating about posting this chapter so yeah ENJOY !

Omniscient POV

Amir been back in the states for about 4 days now. After Fashion Week Mirs followers shot up fast. Even more people started to recognize her just because of that one opportunity.

Sitting in the room in her apartment that she turned into her design studio. Mir let out a frustrated sigh. Orders were rolling in which was not a problem but she could definitely use a little help to keep things organized and a lot more space for everything.

"Its time for a store front or a bigger place. Maybe both" she said out loud as she tapped her chin like she was thinking.

Feeling her stomach growl she decided it was time to get some lunch. She sent a quick text to Nique letting her know she was coming over and bringing food.

Finding something cute and quick to put on. Since she already took her shower she got dressed and left the house.

Deciding on a chicken dinner from their favorite spot she headed in the direction of the restaurant.

After picking up their food Amir finally made it to Niques house and they were both on the couch eatings and catching up with each other.

"Sooo are you and East finally back together" Nique asked while stuffing more mashed potatoes into her mouth.

"We working on us" Mir shrugged.

...... Mean while

Daves mom called him and told him he needed to come to the hospital and quick. He was at the trap with Ty so he hopped in the car with him and they made their way to the hospital.

Rushing to the room Shoota has been staying in, Dave stopped at the door and said a small prayer before pushing the door open.

Seeing his mom holding his aunt while crying herself. His heart automatically knew something was wrong.

Looking to Shoota he still looked to be in the same position he was last in when Dave sat with him a few days ago.

Ty stood by the door scared to move or even ask. Hearing Daves voice boom through the room with the question he been wanting to ask since they left the trap he felt a relief wash over him.

"Whats going on ma" Dave questioned.

She looked up to Dave with tears in her eyes. "Baby im sorry but the doctors did testing today and Shootas brain activity has decreased even more." She spoke.

"What you sayin ma how much of a decrease" Daves shaky voice sounded off.

"Baby" his mom reached for him "he has no brain activity at all the machines are the only reason he is even still breathing"

Shootas moms cries could be heard all throughout the room.

The door swung open again and Jas walked in with their baby. Ty grabbed the baby out of her arms while she went to console her mother in law. She also needed to be held so they did just that.

Some time went by and no one was ok but they had to be for this decision they would have to make.

Ultimately the decision was up to Jas since she is his wife and also his mother. The room was quiet with anticipation as Jas opened her mouth to speak.

" My baby has fought a good fight and i just feel he is at peace. I dont wanna see him go because we need him but this is our reality and with his brain being gone and this machine being the only thing thats keeping him breathing i think we should...."she couldnt even finish explaining because it was too hard to say.

His mom grabbed her hand and finished her sentence. "we are taking Savontae off those machines and letting my baby finally be at peace."

Amir POV

A few hours had passed since ive been at Niques house

A few hours had passed since ive been at Niques house. Nique fell to sleep on me a little while back so i was up watchin Hbo's LoveCraft Country by myself. Pausing the episode because my phone started to ring i looked down to see that Ty was calling, which is weird because he hardly ever calls me. Immediately i picked up the phone.

"Hello" i answered.

"Uh yea Mir East just stormed out of the hospital. They just took Shoota off the machines. He's gone."

Instantly my heart dropped to my feet as i jumped up looking for my shoes.

"Im so sorry to hear that! Im gonna try calling him. Do you know where he might have gone? " i asked.

" i have a few ideas but Mir he gone need you this time dont let him push you away" he spoke.

"I wont. Ill check our spots and you check on your end" i told him

"Ok touch bases if you find him first and ill do the same." He replied. We said our good byes and hung up.

After hanging up with Ty, Nique was now sitting up on the couch looking at me as a frantically dialed Daves contact over and over again with no answer.

"What going on Mir"she asked with her eyebrow raised.

"They just took Shoota off life support and Dave stormed out and nobody knows where he is" i told her in one breath.

"Oh no! Maybe you should go home and see if he shows up there. I need to call Ty, where is he?" She asked.

" i think he's still at the hospital ill text you when i make it home" i grabbed my stuff and left out the front door.

The drive to my house felt like a distant memory when i pulled up in my complex and seen Daves car in my parking spot. I parked my car as fast as i could and went over to see if he was in the car. He wasnt in the car so i made my way inside the building.

Walking up to my door i could see Dave sitting outside my apartment. I approached him and he didnt budge.

I kneeled down to his level and his eye were blood stop red and he seemed so out of it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him for a while.

"Everyones looking for you Dave how long have you been here" i asked

He turned and looked at me. " i dont even know man this were my drive led me and i think i dropped my phone in my car" he got quiet for a second and before i could respond he spoke up again. "All the death i've seen but i dont know how to handle this" his voice cracked.

I stood up and grabbed his hand so that we could take this moment inside.

"Come on" i reached for his hand and he let me help him up.

I closed and locked the door behind us and followed him to my livingroom.

I sat down next to him and pulled his head down into my lap and he didnt resist. I stayed quiet to give him a moment to process everything. Rubbing my hand through his braids and could feel some of his body loosen up.

Remembering that i needed to tell Ty i found Dave i shot him a text.

Ty💪🏾: Hey i got him we're at my house.

Like, Share and Comment 😊