𝟐𝟑

a/n: charlotte's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━═☆

Charlotte could have sworn she heard someone flash past her as she shook her head, closing Cassie's room door and making it to Caroline's, "Caroline, are you up?" She furrowed her eyebrows, noticing the pillow on Caroline's face, "Care, you shouldn't sleep like this."

She picked the pillow off Caroline's face, dropping it instantly when she failed to hear Caroline's heartbeat, "Oh, my God...oh, please no...," Charlotte placed two fingers on Caroline's neck, hoping to feel a pulse and turn out wrong but she was right.

"Dammit...Lena was right."

✵ ✵ ✵

A few hours passed and Charlotte was sitting with her head in her hands on a chair beside Caroline's bed, waiting for her to wake up as she mentally prepared herself to repeat what Damon told her when she first woke up, changing a few details and remembering to highlight out the good parts about vampirism, if there were any.

Soon enough, Caroline gasped awake, sitting up.

"Hey, Caroline...you are okay, yeah?" Charlotte had Caroline's hands in hers as she nodded reassuringly, "Everything is fine. Totally fine."

"I am fine...I am just confused...Elena came in here earlier," Caroline rubbed the back of her head, remembering what happened earlier, "But she said her name was Katherine...and I am just so hungry right now."

"Caroline, I need to explain a few things."

The blonde shrugged, getting out of bed, "Great, can it be after I eat because I am starving—"

Charlotte interjected, standing in the blonde's way, "Caroline, we need to talk, now. It's important."

"What could be more important the food? You still have those burgers from earlier?"

Charlotte shook her head, placing her hands on the blonde's shoulders as she attempted to calm her, "No, I don't. What's more important is the fact that you are hungry. What you want is not just food."

"You are confusing me here," Caroline chuckled, dryly, trying to get up once again before Charlotte shook her head, "Cher, I want to eat. Let go."