20 - take a risk,

"Oh my gosh, I feel like my stomach is about to turn inside out, I'm so damn hungry." Bambi groaned, taking a seat in one of the chairs. Lotus, Bambi and Tiny were all at the mall, having a girls day away from the guys.

Though Lotus texted Mid half of the day, she felt she needed time away from him, especially after the revelation of Koi possibly being pregnant with his baby. She tried not to give him the cold shoulder just for the simple fact that they weren't together or had established any feelings for each other before. She felt she was overthinking it, so she needed advice from none other than her two closest friends that kept it real with her no matter how much it hurt to hear the truth.

"Guys I need your advice," Lotus cleared her throat, sitting her purse down in her lap. "I'm super confused right now," she sighed.

"What's the matter?" Tiny sat back in the chair, crossing one leg over the other.

"I feel like I'm overreacting. I know Tedric and Koi were before me, but it's kind of bothering me. As fucked up and selfish it may sound, I'm really hoping that baby isn't his, because I feel like it's just going to ruin what we have." Lotus vented as both Tiny and Bambi gave her their full attention.

"Girl that isn't fucked up, shit we all hoping—bitch prayin' if you will, that the baby isn't his. She cheated on him Lotus, Tedric will never look at her the same. God forbid but if it turns out that the baby is his, then I already know his main focus is going to be on that child." Bambi told her shrugging, opening the takeout box that was filled with Chinese food.

"Right. Plus I'm pretty sure Mid isn't going to let that interfere with his relationship with you. He wouldn't have went out of his way to show you that he wanted to be with you if he was going to let outside issues affect y'all relationship." Tiny added her input, drinking from her sprite soda can.

Bambi nodded her head in agreement, pointing at Tiny. "Exactly, you are overthinking Lotus, but I understand. What have I been telling you lately? Talk to him, he's always willing to sit down and talk about something that's bothering you."

"You're right." Lotus said.

"Now onto other questions, have you talked to your family, or been by the house?" Bambi questioned her, Lotus glanced at her and looked away, stabbing her fork into her teriyaki chicken. "Lotus," she sternly said.

"Well after careful consideration, I think I don't owe her an apology. Y'all for years she has disrespected me, I always tolerated it because she was my mother. Why should I have to apologize to her when she's been antagonizing me since I was a teenager, or the fact that she took her anger out on us because my dad left us." Lotus began ranting. "It was only a matter of time before I snapped, and just so happens to be the day she decided to move my folks out without even telling me."

"Lotus you only get one mom—"

"And she only gets one first born, she chose not to have a relationship with me, whose fault is that? Cause it sure as hell ain mine, when I tried to be cordial with her but all she cared about was making me look bad in front of an audience whenever she had one. Fuck her," Lotus snapped, Bambi threw her hands up in surrender, deciding to remain quiet. "Besides she left to go back to California anyways, fuck is the point of trying to rebuild a relationship with her when she lives on the other side of country and doesn't even call to check on her own child."

"You don't even know how it feels to be treated that way by someone who gave you life—"

"But I do..." Bambi trailed off, the two stared at one another, an awkward silence falling over the table. Bambi dropped her fork in her food, closing the takeout box back. She got up from the table and proceeded to walk away towards the restrooms as Lotus called out to her.