Chapter Twenty-Five

XXV
• • •

**Crystal's POV**

"Okay okay okay is everyone here?!" Scarlett asked excitedly, getting our attention as we sat around Eli's living room. We surprisingly all had the Thursday and Friday off on halloween weekend- which was this weekend. We decided it would be fun if the six of us all had a sleepover at Eli's like the good old times.

"You three- come over here," Scarlett said to Kevin, Eli, and Savanah. Kevin practically shot out of his seat to join her as she stood facing Ashton and I, who were sitting on the couch. Eli and Savanah chuckled and were at her side a moment later.

Ashton and I looked at each other, both asking the other if we knew what the hell was going on through our confused expressions. When we realized that we were both the same level of clueless, we turned our attention back to the four weirdos standing in front of us.

"Are you kids showing us the dance routine you made up.. or..?" Ashton questioned them as they continued to stand there with their different levels of excitement.

"We have a surprise for you two- Eli, you tell them," Scarlett beamed and clapped her hands in excitement. Eli smiled to himself as he rubbed his hands together. Ashton and I looked at each other one more time and raised our eyebrows before looking back at him.

"So, as you are aware, you guys are basically the parents of the group. And as the kids of the group, we figured that we should help put together a little something special to spice up your boring lives," he began, and I heard Ashton let out a pffft from next to me. "We each saved up some money, and," he turned to look at Kevin, who was practically bursting at the seams, "you clearly want to say it bro, just say it."

"YOU'RE GOING TO BOSTON!!!" Kevin screamed, and I furrowed my brows as Scarlett cheered.

"What??" I asked, looking between them all.

"We each pooled together a bunch of money and bought you guys plane tickets to go to Boston tomorrow morning and get back Sunday morning- in time for Halloween night with Jake, cuz I know you like to go out with him," Eli explained, looking at Ashton at the end. My jaw dropped a little bit.

"Eli wanted to pay for most of it, but we wouldn't let him. It was his idea, though," Savanah chimed in and I looked at Eli, speechless. He looked down at the ground and smiled, clearly being too humble to take the credit himself.

Eli brought the tickets out from behind his back and handed them to me. I stared down at them with wide eyes, a smile starting to spread on my face as I felt my eyes start to become a little misty.

"You know, for not really doing anything, you two sure are busy as hell.. it took so long to figure out when we could fit this in," Savanah added. It's true, I mean, I do work a shit ton. Ashton does, too.

"And we didn't want to take any time away from you and your mom around Christmas time because of last year, so we chose the next best holiday, which clearly is Halloween, to send you guys away," Kevin added and I looked back up at them from the plane tickets. This whole time I was so goddamn speechless. I didn't know at all what to say.

"You will be missing my annual Halloween party on Saturday, but you two never seem to have good luck at my parties, anyway," Eli said and we both chuckled.

"You guys seriously shouldn't have," Ashton said, not wanting them to spend the money on him.

"Well, we did, so suck it up and enjoy it, buttercup," Scarlett replied.

"I," I started, "I have no idea what to say," I tried not to get emotional.

"Oh god, here she goes crying again. This was your idea, Eli," Kevin said to him, and I let out a laugh.