Chapter 6 • Delores?

❤︎

She didn't know how long it took her to find her way back home. Maybe less than an hour or more, not that it really mattered to her. The sky was already turning a pinkish, purple sunset color. Her head was so filled with anger and hurt. It hurt her to know that Five had moved on, but she wasn't exactly angry at him. She was more angry at herself, in fact. Angry that she let her jealously get the best of her, when she knows she shouldn't really have.

(Y/n) sighed to herself as she continued down the road, her hands tucked into her pockets and keeping her eyes on the ground. It wasn't until she came across a familiar street she had seen several times that she snapped out of her thoughts. Seeing the sign for the studio up ahead, (Y/n) decided to clear her head by doing the one thing she knew would calm her.

She entered the front office area and saw a middle aged strawberry blonde woman, her hair tied up in a tight bun and dressed in black tights with a matching top, enter from another door. The rest of the place seemed empty, there were no students filling it as usual.

"Hey, Anais. Locking up already?" (Y/n) assumed.

Taking notice in the girl's arrival, Anais turned toward her. "Yeah, lessons ended a bit earlier than usual so everyone already left. I'm just locking up the studio."

"You think I can stick around a little longer? I kinda need to clear my head a little bit." The teen asked.

"Will you promise to return the key to the right apartment, this time?"

"Okay, first off, you said it was the one at the end but you didn't say which one." (Y/n) raised her arms in defense.

Her ex-instructor let out a short chuckle, tossing her the keys.

"Don't stay too long, (Y/n). I can see you haven't slept." Anais patted her shoulder before leaving out the door.

The teen rolled her eyes, somehow her ex-instructor could always tell if she didn't sleep or not. The two knew each other for years, Anais being like a second mother to her. She could always see past the walls that the young girl forged up, and for that (Y/n) slightly praised her for it.

"Yeah, yeah..."

She headed to the small locker room in the back, quickly changing out of her outfit into her extra ballet practice one. It was similar to the one her Anais was wearing, only the top was a light pink color, not black. Once she was fully changed, (Y/n) pulled her hair into a bun, tucking any loose strands behind her ears. She slipped on her pointe shoes and left the locker room.

(Y/n) walked on the polished wooden floors in the studio to the bars in front of the large mirror covering one of the walls completely. Before doing anything, she stressed out her limbs with the help of the wooden bar.

It's always important to stretch, her instructor would say before starting the lesson. She was right, of course. (Y/n) didn't want to get a cramp or anything after all.

After that, she went over to the CD player and put in one of her favorite songs, one that she often used for days like this. It was her go-to relaxing song, it helped put her at ease when the stress of training and Reginald got too much for her.

She closed her eyes and sucked into a long breath through her nose. Exhaling, (Y/n) began to move her body. This dance wasn't too difficult but it wasn't easy either, a fair challenge to her. She remembers this song from a recital where she was paired up with three other girls for the dance, all of them were probably in college by now.

(Y/n) remembers buying tickets for the others, including Reginald. Out of the all the living Hargreeves, only three of them came. Allison was filming for her new movie in LA so she wasn't able to make it and Diego claimed he was too busy saving the city from criminals to watch a ballet recital. His words stung and she became upset with him after that, maybe that was when the two of them began to drift away from each other.