chapter 15

I wake up extra early the next morning and sneak out the door without waking Ginny. She came in late last night and I pretended to be asleep. I don't think I could have handled another screaming match with anyone.

I make my way outside and wrap my scarf a little tighter around my neck. It is getting closer to holiday and we are having an exceptionally cold winter. I wish Draco and I could find somewhere in the school to meet up. I walk down the hill towards the lake where Draco first told me how he felt about me just a few weeks ago. I see him sitting on a rock staring out at the frozen lake.

I try to sneak up on him and put my hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?" I say cheekily.

"Hmm, I wonder who else is light as a feather but walks like a giant to sneak up on people," he says sarcastically and I drop my hands from his eyes, defeated. I stand in front of him and he grins.

"I do not walk like a giant!"

"Yes you do Greene and you are also just as clumsy as one."

"I am not," I go to shove him, but end up slipping on a small patch of ice. I stumble and he reaches out both arms catching me. He is holding me tightly now standing over me. I look up at him flustered.

"What were you saying about not being clumsy?" He asks smirking at me. I frown and he brings his hand up to my face. He brushes my lips with his thumb and I immediately lose my ability to speak. He stares at my lips and brings his face closer to mine. He holds his lips right over mine, not quite touching yet. I close my eyes and grab his neck with both of my hands crashing my lips to his.

I kiss him hungrily, like I haven't seen him in forever. It feels like in a way we haven't seen each other in years. Constantly fighting each other for seven years apparently builds up a lot of sexual tension. He pulls away slightly and bites my lip softly. I let out a small moan and I feel him smile against my lips.

"You were supposed to be apologizing to me you know," I say in between kisses. He leans close to my ear.

"I think actions speak louder then words," he says while leaving a trail of kisses down my neck. I close my eyes slightly, but then catch a glimpse of someone walking. I shove Draco way too hard and he stumbles back into the rock with a startled look on his face.

"I'm so tired of you Malfoy!" I scream and he looks at me confused. The person I saw starts coming toward us. I pray they didn't see us practically devouring each other.

"What the hell Olivia?" He shouts back at me confused. I try to nod my head to point for him to turn around, but he definitely doesn't get the hint. "Have you gone mad?" He shouts.

Well at least he is playing into the act without even knowing it. The figure gets closer and I realize it is Crabbe.

"Draco!" He shouts and Draco turns around. He quickly looks back at me and mouths "Oh." I roll my eyes.

"What do you want Crabbe? Can't you see I'm busy?" He says angrily turning to Crabbe.

"I just came out here to tell you Snape wanted you to tell Greene to go to his office, but looks like you already found her," he says throwing me a dirty look. I look between the two of them and wait for someone to say something or for Crabbe to walk away.

"What are you still standing there for Greene? What are you deaf?" Draco turns to me harshly and I feel a twinge of pain. I hesitate at first.

"No need to be rude Malfoy, gosh I'll go when I want to." I cross my arms and stomp past Crabbe. I hear him laugh and want to turn around and punch him in the face.

I make my way to Dumbledore's office. What have I done now? I suppose he wants to talk about what happened in his class yesterday. If he wants to be angry with me he has another thing coming for him because it was his fault for making us face the Boggart again.

I make my way up the stairs and walk into the office. I don't see Snape anywhere, so I take a look around. It looks like he hasn't changed a thing. All of Dumbledore's things are still here. You wouldn't even know he was gone. I walk over to his desk and lean against it.

"Ah a Gryffindor," I hear a voice and jump. I look up and see the sorting hat sitting on a tall shelf.

"Uhm, yes. Olivia Greene," I say and immediately feel stupid. The hat knows who you are idiot.

"I know who you are, but it seems you still don't know." I recall Neville telling me the other day about how the sorting hat will telling you why it put you in a certain house if it feels you are lost. I guess now is my time to ask.

"I just don't understand why I wasn't put in Slytherin when I come from pure Slytherin blood, perhaps there was a mistake."

"I have not made a mistake!" I flinch at the aggression of the hat. "You are the one mistaken about your blood."

"How could I be mistaken of my own blood? My mum and dad were both Slytherins..." I say confused. This hat is crazy as hell.

"Your father was no Slytherin. Your father was a Gryffindor," says the hat calmly.

"You obviously don't know who I am," I say firmly. I'm really frustrated with this stupid hat. Where is Snape?

"You are Olivia Lupin, daughter of Jillian Myrtle and Remus Lupin," snaps the hat and my mouth falls open.

"W-what?" I stutter. That can't be right. Remus and my mother never spoke of even knowing each other in school.

"You wonder why you are in Gryffindor, child? You are truly your fathers daughter."

This doesn't make any sense. Remus Lupin is not my father. I am a Greene who just got sorted into the wrong house.

"Ms. Greene," I stumble and knock something off of Dumbledore's desk when I hear Snape's voice.

"I- sir," I start to speak, but don't know what to say. I regain my voice. "Is it right? The hat? It has to be wrong. None of it makes any sense." Snape stands on the stairs just staring at me. "Say something!" I scream with tears in my eyes.

"The sorting hat never lies Ms. Greene." He stumbles saying my name. I feel my whole body begin to shake. What is going on?

"Are you saying Remus Lupin is my father?" I say with a shaky voice. Snape starts to walk toward me and I back away slowly.

"I don't believe I am the one who should be explaining this to you," he starts and I cut him off.

"Well I just heard it from a bloody hat so someone better tell me what the hell is going on!" I scream and the tears start flowing down my face. He pauses for a minute.

"You are Remus Lupin and Jillian Myrtle's child." I stumble backwards and Snape tries to get me to sit down.

"Liar!" I scream and run out of his office and down the stairs.

I keep running as fast as I can not knowing where I am running to, but I'd rather be anywhere then here. I hear Draco calling my name, but I don't stop to even look at him.

I just keep running.

Trying to escape myself.

Trying to escape the lie that has been my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so a BIG bomb was dropped in this chapter! I was so excited writing this, so you guys could finally know(:

let me know what you think!

-Kiersten<3