Ch33 - I was waiting for you.

With the sudden onset of an illness, Liang Chulin was more panicked about it as compared to You Liangxing, but he could only grit his teeth while squatting down because the pain was excruciating. Without any hesitation, You Liangxing supported him by the arm and helped him to the emergency department of the hospital.

Fortunately, there was a hospital that was not far from the video game city. You Liangxing carried the person on his back and brought him in. Seeing them, the hospital's nurse rushed forward to help.

Because Liang Chulin was suffering from the terrible pains and it had arrived so fiercely, it gave him and You Liangxing a scare. However, after the doctor had checked him over, he concluded that it was nothing serious, and the cause of it was food poisoning. Additionally. it more so a question of constitution, and Liang Chulin happened to have a larger reaction.

You Liangxing let out a breath of relief and Liang Chulin looked like he had just obtained a general pardon. The emergency doctor eyed them and asked: "Travelling?"

"Yes."

Since they were travelling, they were probably restricted in time and they probably hoped that the body could recover faster. Naturally, the doctor understood it very well and advised: "Then I would suggest using the IV therapy. After a few infusions of saline solution, the recovery will go faster."

Liang Chulin's stomach was still hurting, and his baby face looked pitiful, "When will I make full recovery?"

"—Two days," the doctor responded, before revealing a smile, "Next time, don't eat so many popsicles. This is the first time I've had an adult coming to the hospital because they ate too many popsicles instead of a child."

Liang Chulin shrugged and shrunk his neck.

The doctor turned his head and told You Liangxing: "You have to go through the formalities."

You Liangxing nodded and followed the doctor out of the ward. When the entire set of medical procedures were through, a significant amount of time had passed. All the while, You Liangxing accompanied Liang Chulin through his IV therapy and the taking of two medication. By the time Liang Chulin emptied two bags of saline solution, it happened to be three in the morning.

Liang Chulin had fallen asleep half-way through the infusion while You Liangxing only managed to calm down fully after the nurse had pulled out the needles on his request. A slight illness could induce a lot of exhaustion; You Liangxing did not plan to wake him, and he went down to the convenience store to buy some food instead. Suddenly, he remembered something.

The arrangement to play an open mic game with [don't want to move] tonight.

Since the illness had come too suddenly, he had forgotten about it in the rush.

Even though You Liangxing hadn't been irritated throughout the night, he could not help but jut out his lip at that moment. To him, even if it was just missing an appointment online, it was extremely hard to endure.

Looking at the time, it was already three o' clock at night. You Liangxing logged on to King's Glory, and the buffering interface loaded up on the game as per usual. However, You Liangxing could not help but feel some frustration in the few seconds that it took to successfully load in.

At this kind of timing, it was not possible that [don't want to move] was online. However, an apology was a matter of course, especially when he had arrived late.

Scrolling through the friend's list with a quick finger, You Liangxing suddenly stiffened. He was not hallucinating; [don't want to move]... was still online.

Is he still awake, or did he forget to turn off his game before he went to bed?

You Liangxing was undecided. If the other party was not online, his apology would certainly be sent out without delay. However, as he gazed at the brightened box in his friends' list now, he felt somewhat confused.

Tapping on the chat, he waited briefly before he typed: — Apologies.

He had yet to send the next sentence when the other party replied.

[don't want to move]: — Are you okay?

You Liangxing stilled again, and another question asking after him arrived from [don't want to move]: — Is something wrong?

It was a fact that You Liangxing missed the appointment, but the other party did not seem to consider the possibility that You Liangxing did it on purpose. When the other party saw that he did not reply, he asked another question: — Is your body unwell?

You Liangxing came back to his senses and replied: — No, a friend had to be sent to the emergency department.

After receiving the reason, the other party seemed relieved.

[don't want to move]: — Right now?

You Liangxing: — It has been resolved.

He did not interrogate him. He was not angry. Instead, the other party was worried. You Liangxing's feelings were incomprehensible, and he ruminated for a bit before he apologized again: — Sorry for the inconvenience, apologies.

[don't want to move] sent a few emotes in succession, saying: — As long as you're okay, everything's fine.

The concern that was evident in his one sentence gave You Liangxing a sudden pause. He stopped, and asked: — Why are you still online at this hour?

According to his previous experiences where they met up to game, [don't want to move] had a fixed biological clock, and he rarely stayed up late.

[don't want to move] replied: — I was waiting for you.