Chapter 28: Face to Face

I'm not good at following timelines.
———————————————————————
(Y/N) POV

At 3:30 AM, I was woken up by a phone call from an unknown number. Normally I'd just ignore it or hang up the call, but for some unknown reason, I felt compelled to answer it this time. I had a gut feeling, like if I didn't answer this call, Something bad would happen eventually.

(Y/N): "Hello?"

A female voice answered me, one strangely familiar, yet I can't tell at all where I've heard it before.

???: "(Y/N), go to your old warehouse and wait there for an hour."

(Y/N): "Who is this?"

???: "It doesn't matter right now. Just get to the warehouse and don't tell anybody where you're going. Try you're best to be sneaky, so don't use your neon ability."

(Y/N): "I have absolutely no reason to trust you, seeing as I don't even know your name, but I'll go anyway. If this is some kind of trap-"

???: "It's not, just go! This is important and you're the only one that Me and your gaming pal trust with this."

Gaming pal? I haven't played video games since that time Cole got a PS3 from a reaper warehouse. Apparently some reapers just really liked Black ops zombies. They had good taste.

The mystery lady hung up, and I basically said screw it, putting on my clothes and hoodie, lighting a piece of napkin on fire to switch to smoke, and jumping into the AC vent, traveling through the vent and rocketing out the AC unit. Shooting jets of smoke out of my hands, I glided down to the ground and started to make my way to the warehouse, still wondering (aside from why I'm doing this) who my "gaming buddy" could be. I don't know anyone who actually plays games, or at least anybody I'm friends with.

...

Wait, is Midnight a gamer?

—————
That's stupid and you're stupid.

(Y/N): "That's not very poggers of you."

I'm just to 1337 for you to handle.

(Y/N): "Ok boomer."

Shut up before I defenestrate you.

(Y/N): "What the hell is a defenestrate?"

It's where I yeet you out of the window.
—————

4:15 AM. 15 more minutes until whatever is going to happen happens. And here I am, just sitting on my couch, shooting water bottles and moss patches with smoke shots. Shame this meeting couldn't be 10 minutes sooner.

I thought about leaving a note, in case someone for some reasons snuck into my room for me, but I wouldn't know what to write that wouldn't seem suspicious. "Hey, I'm out for a walk." "Hey, I went shopping." "Hey I went out on a vigilante patrol in order to beat the shit out of homeless people in trash bags and scrap metal because I am a good person." I mean, who would believe those kinds of excuses? Seriously, why would I walk when I can just launch myself out of an AC unit?

???: "Hey."

(Y/N): "Hey."

I respond to the female leaning on the couch with a hood on her head.

...wait a minute.

I jump back away from the couch, charging up my arm with smoke, just in case whoever this person is tries something.

(Y/N): "So, I'm guessing it's safe to say you're the one who asked me out here? At 3:30 in the morning? Because that's a completely normal time for someone to be woken up?"