chapter 25

Ariel continued to comfort Grey as he cried and Grey held onto his soulmate as if his existence relied on it. 

His cries quickly mellowed down, and he drifted off to sleep.

Ariel sighed softly as she watched her soulmate sleep. 

"I was certainly not expecting this. He looks so heartbroken," Ariel whispered to herself as she quickly placed a kiss on his forehead before she left the bedroom and headed downstairs.

When she entered the living room, she noticed Anna was still talking with her father.

Anna's eyes shifted from Raguel to Ariel when she sensed her presence.

"How is he?" Anna asked. 

"He is not coping well," Ariel answered. "But he is asleep now," she added. 

Anna nodded her head. She was looking tired. Her eyes were swollen from crying. Ariel felt sorry for her. She could only imagine the pain Anna was going through.

"Why don't you go upstairs and take a nap?" Elena suggested.

"No, I cannot sleep right now," Anna said. “I need to talk to my son," she added. 

"This is what I feared would happen and this is why I did not tell him before. I will have to wait until he wakes up to explain to him that it's not his fault," Anna said.

"Do you think Steven's brother will come after Grey and Ariel?" Raguel asked 

"Yes, he will come,” Anna said. “But I will get an epiphany before something happens," Anna said weakly.

"What do you mean?" Raguel asked.

"Don't worry. I will tell you everything soon," Anna said.

Raguel nodded his head, trusting her words.

Anna and Raguel continued discussing. However, Ariel zoned out of their conversation as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she felt someone by her side. 

She opened her eyes and saw her mother.

"Hey, are you alright?" Elena asked. 

"How can I be when my soulmate is not alright?" Ariel asked back. 

Elena nodded her head. "I understand,” she said. “You need to be strong for him and do not let him push you away.”

Ariel nodded her head as Elena kissed her daughter before she left the living room.

Ariel stayed in the living room for some more time before she stood up and went to her room.

When she entered, she saw Grey whimpering in his sleep.

Ariel moved closer to her soulmate to hear what he was saying.

"Please..."

"Don't leave me..." 

"Please..."

Grey continued whispering those same words. Ariel moved closer to her soulmate and wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey, wake up," she said softly. 

Grey was still restless in her arms. He continued whispering those words.

"Nobody is leaving you," Ariel said softly. "Wake up now,", she said with a little pressure on his shoulders, making Grey snap his eyes open quickly and jump out of the bed, pushing Ariel out of the bed too.

Grey looked around the room until his eyes landed on his soulmate who was getting up from the floor.

"Are you alright?" he asked quickly.