20 | The Point Of It All

"I can't stay away from you too long
Even if I do I'll always call
Checkin' on you make sure you're OK
Be the one to brighten up your day, yeah yeah
And the point of it all
Is I love you, yeah
You know I love you baby"
- Anthony Hamilton

"I can't stay away from you too long Even if I do I'll always call Checkin' on you make sure you're OK Be the one to brighten up your day, yeah yeah And the point of it all Is I love you, yeah You know I love you baby" - Anthony Hamilton

"Daddy, here." Brae handed me another stone that she'd picked up and I added it into the small basket we have. We've been in this crystal shop for the past twenty minutes trying to find good crystals for Brynn. Her twenty-ninth birthday is tomorrow and our anniversary is the day after, so we've been out the past couple days trying to find the perfect gifts for her.

Brynn and I spent her entire birthday with each other a couple weeks after meeting each other. Neither one of us had classes that day so we went to the fair, did cosmic bowling, and went to the beach. I didn't even know it was her birthday because we hadn't discussed important dates yet. She just told me she wanted to spend the day with me so whatever she wanted to do that day I took her to do it. Right at midnight I asked her to be my girlfriend and she told me that was the best birthday present she had gotten.

"Okay, now let's pick out a big one that she could put in the living room or something." I picked her up so she could see the larger stones on the shelves.

"I like the blue one. It's pretty!" I reached up, grabbing the large stone labeled Labradorite. I turned it around, admiring as it changed colors.

"You see all the colors, Brae?"

"Yeah. It's like a rainbow." I dropped it into the basket and grabbed two more of the larger ones already knowing it's going to run me some money.

Every time I come into this store with Brynn she rings up a couple hundred dollars. I grabbed a couple of her go to candles and room sprays then made my way to the front to get a necklace and bracelet set made for Brae and Gray.

"How's it going, Gabriel?" The older lady who owned the store greeted me.

"I'm good, Ms. Rosie. Brynn's birthday is tomorrow so we're in here grabbing her some things. I also want to get a bracelet and necklace set made for baby girl, and another one for a newborn." Her face brightened up as she turned her attention to Brae.

"Hi, precious. What's your name?"

"My name is Braelynn Baker, and I'm five years old." She held up one of her hands making me smile proudly at her.

One thing I started early with Brae is her education. I'm going to make sure to do the same with my son as well. I don't want anyone bullying or making jokes about my kids intellect level. That's something I got bad growing up and the jokes haven't stopped, I just learned how to ignore them. Brynn also played a big part in making me feel confident in that area.

"Oh! You're a big girl, and you're smart too. Tell me, Miss Braelynn. Which stone do you want on your necklace and bracelet?" She looked in our basket at all the random stones she put into it before grabbing a amethyst.